User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Sentry Fire safe - Lost combo

  1. #1
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,606
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sentry Fire safe - Lost combo

    I've done it again. Lost the combo to my Sentry Fire safe, nothing of value to anyone else just some very important to me documents.

    I've heard with the fire safes you can drop them on a its corner and they will pop.. I'd rather not break the safe.

    Sentry wants $25 to give me the combo again.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  2. #2
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    14 Nov 2015
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    332
    Real Name
    David
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like money well spent

  3. #3
    I support Reno4x4!
    Join Date
    27 Jun 2008
    Location
    Sparks
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,550
    Real Name
    Mark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is a smaller 12" or so safe, yes they are not very "safe". You can drop them and they will pop right open. Don't have to drop it very hard either from my experience of one I had. Drop it and then put the papers in a filing cabinet. They will be safer...

  4. #4
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,606
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 69cj5 View Post
    If it is a smaller 12" or so safe, yes they are not very "safe". You can drop them and they will pop right open. Don't have to drop it very hard either from my experience of one I had. Drop it and then put the papers in a filing cabinet. They will be safer...
    Some the documents are very hard or impossible to replace. So I wanted them in a Fire proof enclosure. Didnt really need to be able to lock it.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  5. #5
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    17 Jan 2011
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada
    Posts
    1,029
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it electronic or mechanical? I can get the combo immediately, but they still charge me for it.

  6. #6
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    09 Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern Nevada
    Posts
    2,979
    Real Name
    Will
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money well spent. You can break them open but why? So you can buy another one?
    Some people are as useful as a football bat.

  7. The Following User Likes WILLD420's Post:

    DJRENO (6 Days Ago)

  8. #7
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,606
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
    Is it electronic or mechanical? I can get the combo immediately, but they still charge me for it.
    Just combo, its about 15 years old. I have the serial
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  9. #8
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,606
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILLD420 View Post
    Money well spent. You can break them open but why? So you can buy another one?
    If I broke it open I'd replace it something fireproof that didnt have a locking mechanism. At the time I purchased it I was keeping cash and valuables in it as well. I dont use it for that now.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  10. #9
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Aug 2012
    Location
    sparks
    Posts
    1,211
    Real Name
    dave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell us where you do keep cash and valuables ? Perhaps an address ? lol

  11. #10
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    17 Jan 2011
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada
    Posts
    1,029
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGimp View Post
    Just combo, its about 15 years old. I have the serial
    Sentry charges us $30 for the combo.

  12. The Following User Likes turbobrick's Post:

    seal13il (2 Days Ago)

  13. #11
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    7,606
    Real Name
    Pete
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willys dave View Post
    Can you tell us where you do keep cash and valuables ? Perhaps an address ? lol
    In my glove box of course.
    No good story was ever started with....Well we were drinking milk and.........

  14. #12
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    30 Aug 2012
    Location
    sparks
    Posts
    1,211
    Real Name
    dave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn I should have guessed ! lol

  15. #13
    Web Wheeler
    Join Date
    17 Jan 2011
    Location
    Carson City, Nevada
    Posts
    1,029
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sentry Fire safe - Lost combo

    Quote Originally Posted by DaGimp View Post
    If I broke it open I'd replace it something fireproof that didnt have a locking mechanism. At the time I purchased it I was keeping cash and valuables in it as well. I dont use it for that now.
    Check your PMs, box is full.

Similar Threads

  1. Sentry 14 Gun Safe - $300
    By 211john in forum Firearms Trading Post
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 13th, 2017, 03:45 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 6th, 2014, 09:06 AM
  3. Fire Fire - How not to blow your tire back on it's rim.
    By Phill Kenoyer in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 29th, 2014, 08:12 AM
  4. Sentry Fire-Safe
    By dasanii19 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2008, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •