Thread: Robinson Fuso, et al

Real Name
    Jon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Robinson Fuso, et al

Hey there, those of you on Expo / pirate / etc may know of me. My wife and I are currently looking to relocate into the Reno area from North Carolina. We had long terms plans to move out this direction but a catastrophic house fire in October has made us move up those plans - just doesn't make sense to rebuild in NC and then move again a few years later.

We know the area as travelers but are now learning about the area for homesteading.

I have a 2001 Range Rover that I have owned since new, which has gradually transformed into a very capable trail rig. It was basically destroyed in the house fire (tires melted, windows blown out, etc) but will live again.
    Also a 2010 E-350 6.0 that I did a UJOR 4x4 conversion to in January. Thankfully was in the shop getting a new radiator when the house burned otherwise would have been parked where the P38 was.
    Finally, the expedition beast known as Robinson Fuso (which took heavy damage in the house fire but has been returned to service - still a little singed)

TroubleShooter
    Real Name
    Denis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome
    Reno4x4Garage.com - CNC plasma cutting, welding, tube bending and custom 4x4 fabrication - (775) 771-2734

I support Blue Ribbon Coalition!
    Real Name
    Clint
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and to Reno, Jon. Very sorry about your house. I checked out your blog...pretty terrible. And in case anyone was wondering like I was, this is a Robinson Fuso:

Name:  20170624_142248598677738.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  859.7 KB
    Not all Americans are born in America, we have to wait for some to make it home.

Real Name
    Jon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
    Welcome to the forum and to Reno, Jon. Very sorry about your house. I checked out your blog...pretty terrible. And in case anyone was wondering like I was, this is a Robinson Fuso:

Name:  20170624_142248598677738.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  859.7 KB
    Thanks, we had some good travels this year. Robinson Fuso has now been all over North and South America. Unfortunately it looks like the useful life of the current box is coming to the end (just took too much heat in the fire), but we intend to build a new box and keep using the chassis for many years to come.

5. The Following User Likes pugslyyy's Post:

mattific (2 Weeks Ago)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. Tough time to move hear as housing is very limited and very expensive. If you can avoid Reno/Sparks metro things are a bit better. Good luck with the move.

Real Name
    Jon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedirtman View Post
    Welcome. Tough time to move hear as housing is very limited and very expensive. If you can avoid Reno/Sparks metro things are a bit better. Good luck with the move.
    Thanks we are looking a bit further south - Smith Valley area.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk