Thread: I knew it... here they come.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Shawn

I knew it... here they come.

Golden Gate Electronic Repair specializing in the repair, modification and restoration of antique, vintage, and modern electronics.

Limbonic Audio custom manufacture of hi-end audio electronics.
    Contact Shawn 775-440-1931 or 925-642-9039

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Ben

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    They will definitely need to up the power if they want to be competitive with the current Tacomas and Colorados.

Although honestly I would be really surprised if this even happens. They don't even have a light duty dealer network in the US anymore.

4. The Following User Likes Dirty Harry's Post:

CashMoney (December 30th, 2017)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Jed
    I think there is a big hole in the market for a less expensive no-frills truck. Just the landscaper / small service truck market could justify its presence.

Not everyone needs to tow 9 tons uphill at 70mph, with DVD players, turbos, leather seats etc. Some of us just want to haul crap from home depot, to the dump, or tote around a dirt bike.

6. The Following 4 Users Like ManNamedJed's Post:

Deluxxx (December 29th, 2017), Dennis (December 29th, 2017), Dirty Harry (December 29th, 2017), Toyota_James (January 12th, 2018)

TroubleShooter
    Real Name
    Denis
    Quote Originally Posted by ManNamedJed View Post
    I think there is a big hole in the market for a less expensive no-frills truck. Just the landscaper / small service truck market could justify its presence.

Not everyone needs to tow 9 tons uphill at 70mph, with DVD players, turbos, leather seats etc. Some of us just want to haul crap from home depot, to the dump, or tote around a dirt bike.
    I totally agree, as the cheapest pickup truck on the market is $20k (Nissan Frontier). Apparently, they don't think they can sell that many of cheap trucks.
    Reno4x4Garage.com - CNC plasma cutting, welding, tube bending and custom 4x4 fabrication - (775) 771-2734

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by ManNamedJed View Post

I completely agree with you, but...

1) Americans do want all of those things! Toyota even killed the regular cab Tacoma because no one was buying them. I just sold my no-frills regular cab 96 Taco and the most common response I got was "I wish it was a double cab".

2) I'm not certain that with safety and fuel requirements you even CAN offer a "no frills" truck in the US. It is going to have to have stability control, a backup camera, and air bags (off the top of my head) just to be compliant with federal regulations. I always wonder how UTV manufacturers get away with licensing their vehicles for street use in some states/counties. Maybe someone could do something similar with a small truck.

I support Blue Ribbon Coalition!
    Real Name
    Clint
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    I completely agree with you, but...

1) Americans do want all of those things! Toyota even killed the regular cab Tacoma because no one was buying them. I just sold my no-frills regular cab 96 Taco and the most common response I got was "I wish it was a double cab".

2) I'm not certain that with safety and fuel requirements you even CAN offer a "no frills" truck in the US. It is going to have to have stability control, a backup camera, and air bags (off the top of my head) just to be compliant with federal regulations. I always wonder how UTV manufacturers get away with licensing their vehicles for street use in some states/counties. Maybe someone could do something similar with a small truck.
    New cars are federally required to have backup cameras and stability control? Not being a smart ass, honestly curious.
    Not all Americans are born in America, we have to wait for some to make it home.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
    New cars are federally required to have backup cameras and stability control? Not being a smart ass, honestly curious.
    Yes, those are required among other things.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Paul
    We as working class Americans with brains need to revolt. I don't need a stinking back up camera, my neck still works. I dont need navigation or "park" assist. I just bought a used 2014 car.The sales guy was in the midst of showing us all this fancy stuff, and was taken for surprise when i asked "does it still just drive?" Gimme a regular cab truck, with a 5 speed. Put a 5$ key lock on both doors. Make it last 10 years. Price it so i can afford to buy one without selling a kidney or my manhood. Sure i like those big mega cab, coal burning diesels, but it's as long as a semi with a 40 foot van and needs 40 acres to park or make a turn. Thanks but i'll stick to my old colorado!

12. The Following 2 Users Like SmallWilly's Post:

DaGimp (December 30th, 2017), Toyota_James (January 12th, 2018)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallWilly View Post
    Thanks but i'll stick to my old colorado!
    I thought “old Colorados” were called S10s?

14. The Following User Likes Dirty Harry's Post:

Toyota_James (January 12th, 2018)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Paul
    Its about the size of an s10, but sleeker with more chick drawing appeal. Chevy even sells it with a stick to beat off the crowds of ladies!

Really, by old Colorado i meant the smaller versions. I looked at a new colorado with the diesel in it while car shopping. Just like i told the old lady, "have you seen the size of it?" Makes the 1980s f150 look like a micro car. Mid sized my hiney. And if chevy thinks i'm shelling out 40k$+ for it, they got the wrong guys paystub.

16. The Following User Likes SmallWilly's Post:

Dirty Harry (December 30th, 2017)