Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Shawn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew it... here they come.

Golden Gate Electronic Repair specializing in the repair, modification and restoration of antique, vintage, and modern electronics.

Limbonic Audio custom manufacture of hi-end audio electronics.
    Contact Shawn 775-440-1931 or 925-642-9039

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will definitely need to up the power if they want to be competitive with the current Tacomas and Colorados.

Although honestly I would be really surprised if this even happens. They don't even have a light duty dealer network in the US anymore.

4. The Following User Likes Dirty Harry's Post:

CashMoney (December 30th, 2017)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Jed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think there is a big hole in the market for a less expensive no-frills truck. Just the landscaper / small service truck market could justify its presence.

Not everyone needs to tow 9 tons uphill at 70mph, with DVD players, turbos, leather seats etc. Some of us just want to haul crap from home depot, to the dump, or tote around a dirt bike.

6. The Following 4 Users Like ManNamedJed's Post:

Deluxxx (December 29th, 2017), Dennis (December 29th, 2017), Dirty Harry (December 29th, 2017), Toyota_James (January 12th, 2018)

TroubleShooter
    Real Name
    Denis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManNamedJed View Post
    I think there is a big hole in the market for a less expensive no-frills truck. Just the landscaper / small service truck market could justify its presence.

Not everyone needs to tow 9 tons uphill at 70mph, with DVD players, turbos, leather seats etc. Some of us just want to haul crap from home depot, to the dump, or tote around a dirt bike.
    I totally agree, as the cheapest pickup truck on the market is $20k (Nissan Frontier). Apparently, they don't think they can sell that many of cheap trucks.
    Reno4x4Garage.com - CNC plasma cutting, welding, tube bending and custom 4x4 fabrication - (775) 771-2734

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManNamedJed View Post

I completely agree with you, but...

1) Americans do want all of those things! Toyota even killed the regular cab Tacoma because no one was buying them. I just sold my no-frills regular cab 96 Taco and the most common response I got was "I wish it was a double cab".

2) I'm not certain that with safety and fuel requirements you even CAN offer a "no frills" truck in the US. It is going to have to have stability control, a backup camera, and air bags (off the top of my head) just to be compliant with federal regulations. I always wonder how UTV manufacturers get away with licensing their vehicles for street use in some states/counties. Maybe someone could do something similar with a small truck.

I support Blue Ribbon Coalition!
    Real Name
    Clint
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    I completely agree with you, but...

1) Americans do want all of those things! Toyota even killed the regular cab Tacoma because no one was buying them. I just sold my no-frills regular cab 96 Taco and the most common response I got was "I wish it was a double cab".

2) I'm not certain that with safety and fuel requirements you even CAN offer a "no frills" truck in the US. It is going to have to have stability control, a backup camera, and air bags (off the top of my head) just to be compliant with federal regulations. I always wonder how UTV manufacturers get away with licensing their vehicles for street use in some states/counties. Maybe someone could do something similar with a small truck.
    New cars are federally required to have backup cameras and stability control? Not being a smart ass, honestly curious.
    Not all Americans are born in America, we have to wait for some to make it home.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
    New cars are federally required to have backup cameras and stability control? Not being a smart ass, honestly curious.
    Yes, those are required among other things.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Paul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We as working class Americans with brains need to revolt. I don't need a stinking back up camera, my neck still works. I dont need navigation or "park" assist. I just bought a used 2014 car.The sales guy was in the midst of showing us all this fancy stuff, and was taken for surprise when i asked "does it still just drive?" Gimme a regular cab truck, with a 5 speed. Put a 5$ key lock on both doors. Make it last 10 years. Price it so i can afford to buy one without selling a kidney or my manhood. Sure i like those big mega cab, coal burning diesels, but it's as long as a semi with a 40 foot van and needs 40 acres to park or make a turn. Thanks but i'll stick to my old colorado!

12. The Following 2 Users Like SmallWilly's Post:

DaGimp (December 30th, 2017), Toyota_James (January 12th, 2018)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallWilly View Post
    Thanks but i'll stick to my old colorado!
    I thought “old Colorados” were called S10s?

14. The Following User Likes Dirty Harry's Post:

Toyota_James (January 12th, 2018)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Paul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its about the size of an s10, but sleeker with more chick drawing appeal. Chevy even sells it with a stick to beat off the crowds of ladies!

Really, by old Colorado i meant the smaller versions. I looked at a new colorado with the diesel in it while car shopping. Just like i told the old lady, "have you seen the size of it?" Makes the 1980s f150 look like a micro car. Mid sized my hiney. And if chevy thinks i'm shelling out 40k$+ for it, they got the wrong guys paystub.

16. The Following User Likes SmallWilly's Post:

Dirty Harry (December 30th, 2017)