Thread: Local sources for M-416/M-101/M-100 type trailers?

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Andrew

Local sources for M-416/M-101/M-100 type trailers?

Finally convinced the wife that an RTT on a little expedition style trailer would be the way to go vs. doing a vintage camper or something. Time to look for an M-416, M-100, or Canadian M-101

Wondering if anybody knows of any decent Northen Nevada sources for for any of the above trailers. They only occasionally pop up on Craigslist or what have you, but I know sometimes surplus type places may sell them, or maybe some of y'all know somebody looking to get out of one?

Any tips?

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    Build your own? Plan out everything your would be loading into it and build it to fit what you need?

I wish i could rebuild my trailer setup so that it works better.
    '04 WJ -Custom front winch bumper -12,000lb Engo winch -4in RCX Lift -32' Treadwright Claw Tires

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Bob
    Carson Plains Surplus and Storage, on Rainbow Drive, east of Dayton has probably a dozen or more military trailers of various sizes on their lot. I don't know anything about their pricing or anything else. I just drive by there a couple times a week on my way to a customer's shop. Might be a good place to start.
    Bob
    AC7FM

I support Reno4x4!
    Saw a couple fs trucks near dayton running trailer tubs as truck beds. Looks cool.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by WJeeper View Post
    Build your own? Plan out everything your would be loading into it and build it to fit what you need?

I wish i could rebuild my trailer setup so that it works better.
    Dont want to do my own "full" trailer build as I do not have the wherewithal (specifically skill set and tools) to undertake such a task. I'd much rather locate a vintage military quarter ton trailer to use as a base, add an elevated frame for RTT, then add whatever little items I wish.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBob View Post
    Carson Plains Surplus and Storage, on Rainbow Drive, east of Dayton has probably a dozen or more military trailers of various sizes on their lot. I don't know anything about their pricing or anything else. I just drive by there a couple times a week on my way to a customer's shop. Might be a good place to start.
    Yup, they are the only one I know of. I reached out to the fellas that run the place and got some info rough pricing etc, just havent been able to make it down there yet :-)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Zoom Motors in Fallon had a couple of trailers out front in that style. They were not fully offroad setup (smaller tires), BUT when I inquired they said they had a local guy that built them for them and could do whatever custom stuff I wanted. They wanted 1500 for the very basic ones they had but it might be worth inquiring what they could do as far as something more 4x4 capable. They are a full trailer place so they can do pretty much whatever.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
    Yup, they are the only one I know of. I reached out to the fellas that run the place and got some info rough pricing etc, just havent been able to make it down there yet :-)
    If you do buy from them, make sure you go over everything fully and don't trust any of their claims. They have a reputation for lying, playing dumb, and knowingly selling junk.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Austin
    I have a few flat top late 90s m101a available no title. 400$ to 700$ if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KF7RMK

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by FeCamel View Post
    If you do buy from them, make sure you go over everything fully and don't trust any of their claims. They have a reputation for lying, playing dumb, and knowingly selling junk.
    Good to know

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Andrew
    drug one back from Vegas. Let the build begin!

trailer3 by Marn, on Flickr

trailer2 by Marn, on Flickr

12. The Following 5 Users Like Dr. Marneaus's Post:

CashMoney (April 2nd, 2018), DeadpoolNV (April 6th, 2018), Dennis (April 2nd, 2018), RenoTaco (April 6th, 2018), Shinobi (April 2nd, 2018)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Dylan
    Can you please tell me the military model number for that? m101 etc... Not seen one so small but it might work for me, thanks!
    (1990 Cherokee XJ, $750, 323K, blown head gasket, bought Apr 2012, and the journey began, sold Oct 2018, fun times, now have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ)

Web Wheeler
    That looks to be a M416.

I actually bought mine on R4x4 years ago for $400 with a pintle hitch. Best money I ever spent, and it even came with a Cali permanent plate.
    - John
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by NevadaXJ View Post
    That looks to be a M416.

I actually bought mine on R4x4 years ago for $400 with a pintle hitch. Best money I ever spent, and it even came with a Cali permanent plate.
    christ, i wish I paid $400, people seem to "know" what they are worth these days. I see plenty listed for MORE than i paid, and i dont feel bad, but dang, they aint $400 these days lol

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    Can you please tell me the military model number for that? m101 etc... Not seen one so small but it might work for me, thanks!
    M416, literally the same size as an M100 or canadian M101.

here's one for sale:
    https://sacramento.craigslist.org/tr...553539490.html

Web Wheeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
    christ, i wish I paid $400, people seem to "know" what they are worth these days. I see plenty listed for MORE than i paid, and i dont feel bad, but dang, they aint $400 these days lol
    I told the seller within 5 minutes of him posting that I would take it, and then had 4 people send me messages offering to buy it from me. In all fairness, it has a dent up front, and a tailgate was cut into it, but $400 was still a steal IMHO. Your's looks to be in really good shape.
    - John
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein