User Tag List

Thread: Hawley Lake Rescue 2018

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hawley Lake Rescue 2018

It is a GO! details below. please find a way to come help out. plus world class wheeling!

ALL questions please send to Jenny, info below. She is the primary contact.

It's time to plan for rounding up the rigs and hauling some kids to and from camp.

This is an opportunity to offer your time, talent, and rigs to put smiles on the faces of those less fortunate than us - some physically challenged kiddos.
    Camp Nejedly is looking for 4x4s willing to help transport kids and their wheelchairs and gear plus counselors and their gear on a two hour trek to and/or back out from Graeagle, CA to their summer camp west of town in the High Sierra. The campsite is a bit remote so you need a capable 4x4 with low range. Most of the trail is easy with just two really challenging spots. Scenic value 100!. The trail is only 11 miles but we take it slow to keep them safe. Good times are assured.

The trail is dotted with historic mining ruins and other kodak moments. The largest gold nugget in CA was fount along this trail.

The trek dates are as follows:

July 28, Saturday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church - inbound.
    August 4, Saturday at 10 am at Hawley Lake - outbound.
    August 5, Sunday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church - inbound.
    August 11, Saturday at 10 am at Hawley Lake - outbound.

If you would like to participate, please have space available in your rig for at least 1 camper and 1 counselor and maybe some gear. We would like to make sure that everyone that participates has a great time, so we are asking for a little cooperation and a little information beforehand so we can plan. If you really want a camper in your rig, just say so and we will try our hardest to make it happen, especially for the first-timers. If you have been one of the very valued transporters in the past, maybe you can reach back in your memory banks to remember the special feeling from those huge smiles to make sure a newbie has the same experience.

We need space for 47 campers and counselors and their stuff on the opening inbound trip, July 28 and the closing outbound trip, August 11. All of the people and gear go in or come out on those days. The middle weekend, August 4 and 5 are a little lighter since some of the counselors will stay in camp over the weekend. 4x4 Trucks are welcome as well as pack mule trailers.

I know it seems like a lot to ask for a commitment for a volunteer outing, but these kids need us and our rigs to get them to and from summer camp. The payoff is huge. These kids get such a big kick out of being like regular kids on an off-road adventure. The smiles you put on their faces will stay with you forever. The Camp offers them so many fun

After the inbound run to the lake many choose to continue thru Gold Valley or up to Snake Lake-- Little Deer for a weekend of camping and R&R. Some FINE wheeling. Bring ur kayaks!

To recap our needs:

July 28 - 30 vehicles

August 4 & 5 - 25 vehicles each day

August 11 - 30 vehicles

Jenny Ward
    KA6JEN
    jenny_ward@att.net
    (925)980-2743
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

2. The Following User Likes RARECJ8's Post:

SaturnICL (2 Weeks Ago)

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rig and drivers still needed, especially for july 28. If you can help,out, it is a worthy cause and u get a nice t shirt too. Please respond to jenny, contact info in OP.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have asked this in the past, but if I only have a two seater, can I still help? I May be free on the 28th

I support Reno4x4!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slopoke View Post
    I may have asked this in the past, but if I only have a two seater, can I still help? I May be free on the 28th
    yes 100%. please contact Jenny. ALL help appreciated. and after the d/o, there is world class wheeling/camping nearby...

Albert Einstein

Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691