Thread: Saggy front springs Toytech lift

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Pete

Saggy front springs Toytech lift

The lift is 5 years old, but only has 20K miles tops on it. Basically its like I dont have a lift anymore, but because the springs are compressed the ride is terrible.

I'm sure the ARB and winch contributed but I think thats crap they died with less than 20K on them.
    “The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” -Carlos Castaneda

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Pete
    FJ Cruiser/4Runner Ultimate 3" lift package (Rear shock options: Bilstein_5125_with_mounting_adapter
    Front coils: Red_(standard)
    Other options: Add 1 inch body lift for 4inch total lift
    SELECT VEHICLE YEAR/MODEL: 03-09_4Runner_or_07-09_FJ
    Light Racing Upper control arms: No
    Front Diff Drop: 4x4_Included_With_Kit) UL-FJ3K
    “The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” -Carlos Castaneda

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
    So buy some OME or Eibach
    I just emailed them. The lift replaces the strut so I'm not sure OEM springs will fit anymore (which I dont have anymore)..

Because if the additional 300lbs on the front end with the bumper I'm looking for something a little stiffer than stock. The Toyotech lift was supposed to be soft and spongy for articulation, but it turned out to be way to soft for my liking. I'd rather have better on road performance and sacrifice a little off road flex.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Ryan
    I believe he meant OME (old man emu) not OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Pete
    They lost my order information? I provided the order number in my email. I got a response saying they couldnt find my order, well I got the order number from the full receipt that I saved.

OME springs.. I've heard good things about them.. I need to find a weigh station so I can make sure I get the right springs.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
    886 they will break in
    I was told OME springs are not compatible.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kolt
    http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/...shock-kit.html
    Call and you can get them with stiffer springs for the added weight
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyMike View Post
    Bill, I think you have earned the nickname California Bill, super-nanny with an irrestible urge to have others conform to your comfort zone.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Max
    So order some ome struts or bilsteins with the coils

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by BUILTnotBOUGHT View Post
    http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/...shock-kit.html
    Call and you can get them with stiffer springs for the added weight
    $1200 is a little more than I want to spend, new springs

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Pete
    Ok.. so the least expensive option is to purchase "heavy duty" springs from them unless I replace the struts.. I really dont have the money or means to do that now.

So adding 300lbs of bumper/winch to the front of the vehicle certainly didnt do anything to extend the life of the springs, but really only 5 years and less than 20K miles with only a few moderate trail runs. I feel like the springs should be replaced, if not that at least a significant price break.

Am I being reasonable?

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    John
    I get where you’re coming from, but I also see from a business standpoint about 5 years of unconfirmed wear on a product. Most of the lift companies have stiffer spring options specifically suited for rigs that will run bumpers and winches. Chalk it up to a learning experience and budget for a set of OME springs.
    Only wheeled Kia Sorento in Nevada on 31's.

14. The Following 3 Users Like jfrey123's Post:

maxamillion2345 (4 Weeks Ago), RelentlessTaco (4 Weeks Ago), Toyota_James (4 Weeks Ago)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    I get where you’re coming from, but I also see from a business standpoint about 5 years of unconfirmed wear on a product. Most of the lift companies have stiffer spring options specifically suited for rigs that will run bumpers and winches. Chalk it up to a learning experience and budget for a set of OME springs.
    To:
    sales@toyteclifts.com

May 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Hello,

I have a 2006 4Runner V8 Sport Edition with 300lbs of bumper-winch on the front end. I'm looking for the tallest and best articulating lift you have. What do you recommend for my vehicle?

Thanks

Peter

That was during the ordering process when I was still picking out the lift. I guess I'll just eat the cost