Thread: AR-15 Pistol

Wheeler

AR-15 Pistol

Is the pistol just a mod of the rifle with a small stock? Was intrigued to hear about this firearm and want to learn more.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brizz
    An AR-15 pistol must be built on a lower receiver that has never been used as a rifle. You cannot legally just modify a rifle to become a pistol!

There are lots of different options for a pistol build. A non NFA pistol is not legally allowed to have a stock. There are several pistol braces available that look similar to a stock, but are legally not a stock. Most of them just attach to the pistol buffer tube. I like the KAK Blade because it's light and simple. I've built a few AR pistols, and other than my 300 Blackout, they are cool looking but a bit disappointing performance wise. The .223 round loses a lot in a pistol length barrel.

If you want to build one, remember you need a lower that is either brand new or from another pistol to stay legal. I usually buy my lowers from Juggernaut arms. I've also bought a few 80% lowers and completed them myself. My lightest AR pistol is built on a polymer 80% lower and a carbon fiber hand guard. It is very fun to shoot.
    Brizz

Be careful infringing on peoples 2nd amendment rights with your 1st amendment rights, because you probably wouldn't like it the other way around.

FJ-40 on 37's, locked/posi. Stock Grand Cherokee.

Looking for 68-74 FJ-40 doors.