Thread: Marlin Model 70 -- .22LR, great for fun with the kids

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Ben

Marlin Model 70 -- .22LR, great for fun with the kids

This is a Marlin Model 70. It is the predecessor to the current Model 795, Marlin's semi-automatic with a box magazine vs. the venerable Model 60 and it's tubular magazine. The Model 70 also has the same Micro-groove rifling that gives the Model 60 it's famous accuracy. The main difference between this Model 70 and the current 795 is the Model 70 does not have an automatic bolt hold-open feature when the magazine is empty. Magazines are effectively interchangeable (notwithstanding the hold-open feature), so you will continue to find magazines that will fit this Model 70. This sale also includes 3 magazines: (2) 10-round, and (1) 7-round capacity.

This Marlin rifle has had the stock custom-fitted for a short length-of-pull suitable for younger shooters. The LOP is 12" -- suitable for the youngest children for whom rifle shooting is practical, up to smaller teenagers. A full-size adult can shoot this rifle accurately, but the short length of pull will be awkward. Brownells also has new full-size factory synthetic stocks for $49.99 -- or you can get something fancy from Boyds.

I will include the bi-pod in the sale for an additional $10. This rifle is heavier than a Cricket and kids will appreciate something more stable than a foam block to hold up the fore-end.

I will include the Warne scope-rings for the 11mm dovetail rail and 1" tube for $20

I will include the Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5X20mm scope with duplex reticle for $375. This is an awesome optic. With a very wide field of view at 1.5X kids won't lose the target in the scope. It also has plenty of magnification at 5X to see small targets like varmints, soda cans or bullseyes out to 100 yards. Kids will appreciate this much more than the typical Tasco junk on most .22's -- but there is nothing wrong with the open iron sights on this Marlin. They are very solid and functional and proven accurate if you don't want to spend on the scope.

Marlin Model 70 Rifle & (3) magazines only $100
    Bipod $10
    Warne Scope Rings $20
    Leupold Scope $375

I am in Gardnerville, Nevada. PM me first.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Ben