Thread: new-ish to the area

Real Name
    Chris

new-ish to the area

Hello. I've lived in 8 different states over the past 10 years. Been offroading and enjoying the outdoors my whole life - snowmobiles, ATVs, dirt bikes, trucks, mountain bikes, hiking, skiing, camping, backpacking, etc. I built a S10 ZR2 pickup on 42s myself years ago. Wheeled all over and had a blast, but wanted to go fast. Sold it and bought an Ultra 4 buggy that finished KOH in 201. Wheeled it and wrenched on it for 4 years. Really had a blast with it, but got tired of the constant maintenance. Sold it and picked up the LJ I have now. Made major changes to it to make it more capable, comfortable, and dependable. I really enjoy having a windshield, heat, A/C, room for camping gear and (most importantly) street legal compared to the buggy. I've wheeled on many of the trails across the country. Been living in Fort Myers, FL for the last year and had enough of it. Moving to South Lake Tahoe in February. We've (my wife and I) spend 6 weeks in South Lake tahoe in the last 2 years, so we're familiar with it and love it. I'm tired of spending all my time hauling my rig around and want to be closer to all the things I enjoy doing. Looking forward to making some new friends and exploring some new trails.

Current rig: 05 LJ, LS3, 6L90E, Currie Rock Jock 60 axles, Atlas 3.0, Poison Spyder cage, Genright fenders, armor, and front bumper, Motobilt rear bumper, 40" Nittos on forged Racelines, Warn 9.5XP, custom suspension and steering by TTF with 2.0 coilovers and bypasses.

2. The Following 2 Users Like knaffie's Post:

mattific (December 28th, 2018), maxamillion2345 (December 28th, 2018)

Real Name
    Chris
    No option to upload pictures? Have to use a hosting service for them?

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tom
    Welcome. Nice rig. I have never got photos to work. Most people use facebook or instagram for photos anyway.

I support Reno4x4!
    Welcome aboard. Lots of trails in the reno, Carson, tahoe area. Try the FB page for this forum web site. Lots easier to post pix.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore