Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Shop recommendations for general mechanic

  1. #1
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    22 Feb 2009
    Location
    Sparks
    Posts
    332
    Real Name
    Dominic

    Shop recommendations for general mechanic

    I am looking for suggestions for a reliable and affordable garage to do work on my daily driver and 4 x 4. I am looking for specific repairs and a general all-around mechanic since my old closed shop.

    I would like someone who is competent and can stand by their work, but I do not need the white glove treatment. Basically someone capable of fixing complicated jobs, or simple oil changes on mostly stock vehicles. I do not have anything relatively new or overly computerized or that requires supercharging and chip tuning.

    My current project list includes a 99 Dodge Ram intake Plenum gasket replacement, an 03 Tacoma general maintenance and abs light, and an 65 Ford Galaxy 500 tuneup and new owner, want it fixed right odds and ends.

    When I say affordable, I am talking someone who isn't charging full dealer pricing or more, not dollar tree parking lot mechanic pricing.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2018
    Location
    Sparks
    Age
    43
    Posts
    10
    Real Name
    Matt
    I got my 99 4runner from the owner of CoAuto here in town. Very highly rated shop and the folks there seem to know their stuff.

  3. The Following User Likes Dusty4runner's Post:

    DeadpoolNV (January 15th, 2019)

  4. #3
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    22 Feb 2009
    Location
    Sparks
    Posts
    332
    Real Name
    Dominic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty4runner View Post
    I got my 99 4runner from the owner of CoAuto here in town. Very highly rated shop and the folks there seem to know their stuff.
    I will look into them, thank you for your suggestion!

  5. The Following User Likes DeadpoolNV's Post:

    Dusty4runner (January 15th, 2019)

  6. #4
    I piss excellence.
    Join Date
    27 Feb 2006
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,149
    Real Name
    Steve
    I had some work done on two different vehicles at https://schreierspecialties.com/ and was pleased. One of them was a 1976 chevy that ran like shit after another shop replaced the carb. He got the problem figured out then retuned it. Also did some work on my aunts car. I can't remember what his pricing was, I just wanted my shit right the first time and he came through. I also liked that his shop was very clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Trooper View Post
    haha If I have wood for more than 4 hours due to Viagra I am not calling there hot line. I am calling that woman's sisters, cousins, friends & quite possibly her mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

  7. The Following User Likes CashMoney's Post:

    DeadpoolNV (January 16th, 2019)

  8. #5
    Wheeler
    Join Date
    22 Feb 2009
    Location
    Sparks
    Posts
    332
    Real Name
    Dominic
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney View Post
    I had some work done on two different vehicles at https://schreierspecialties.com/ and was pleased. One of them was a 1976 chevy that ran like shit after another shop replaced the carb. He got the problem figured out then retuned it. Also did some work on my aunts car. I can't remember what his pricing was, I just wanted my shit right the first time and he came through. I also liked that his shop was very clean.
    I had some good work done by him years ago, I thought he had moved out of town.

  9. #6
    I piss excellence.
    Join Date
    27 Feb 2006
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,149
    Real Name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadpoolNV View Post
    I had some good work done by him years ago, I thought he had moved out of town.
    He's over by the trailer park on greg street now. Across from the dmv on the other side of the tracks. I'll be using him again just because he was honest and straight up the entire time
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Trooper View Post
    haha If I have wood for more than 4 hours due to Viagra I am not calling there hot line. I am calling that woman's sisters, cousins, friends & quite possibly her mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89jeepcpl View Post
    A happy ending in a strip club, is leaving with some cash still in your pocket
    "The dog don't like you planting stuff there. It's his backyard. If you're the only one who craps in something, you own it. Remember that."
    -I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Casci
    I piss excellence.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for good general mechanic for my TJ/LJ
    By bbusch in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 19th, 2018, 09:13 AM
  2. Shop Recommendations?
    By Toy_yoda in forum 4x4 Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 26th, 2015, 09:55 PM
  3. Shop Recommendations
    By McNasty in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 21st, 2014, 08:16 PM
  4. Need a mechanic or shop
    By Bitosin in forum 4x4 Tech
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 8th, 2009, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •