Thread: Air dryer?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris

Air dryer?

For those with plasma tables, what if anything are you guys using for an air dryer? I'm eyeballing a 4'x4' from Wright CNC with a Hypertherm 45XP for work/play. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Wright?

TroubleShooter
    Real Name
    Denis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Scott View Post
    For those with plasma tables, what if anything are you guys using for an air dryer? I'm eyeballing a 4'x4' from Wright CNC with a Hypertherm 45XP for work/play. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Wright?
    Clean/dry air is the key to good cuts. However, I'm only using a two stage cleaner and descendant on my table, no air dryer.

No experience with Wright.
    Reno4x4Garage.com - CNC plasma cutting, welding, tube bending and custom 4x4 fabrication - 771-2734

3. The Following User Likes Dennis's Post:

Mr_Scott (March 6th, 2019)

Vendor
    Real Name
    Eric
    This one from harbor freight worked for me for about 4-5 years https://www.harborfreight.com/compre...yer-40211.html
    Just gave up a couple months ago, think the compressor in it quit as I no longer hear it turn on and run and none of the gauges budge either. Next go around I'll go for something nicer like a Ingersoll and hook it directly to my compressor output. The HFT one was directly in line with my plasma cutter next to my table.
    Also have my air cleaned with one of these https://www.amazon.com/Motor-Guard-M...000WZYKAE?th=1 right at the plasma, behind the refrigerated dryer.

No experience with the Wright CNC.... Although I think Hydro Media House here in Sparks might have one in his shop. Could ask his experience with it.
    Relentless off-road Fabrication | Sparks NV | 775-200-0544
    Fabricator of high quality off-road armor, 4x4 accessories, and more!
    We do Steel and aluminum welding, CNC cutting, tube bending, etc. Specializing in Toyota's, but work on any rig
    Check us out in my vendor forum, or on OUR WEBSITE ,on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram @relentlessfabricaion and also on our youtube

5. The Following 2 Users Like RelentlessTaco's Post:

Dennis (March 7th, 2019), Mr_Scott (March 7th, 2019)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Making progress! Need to fab up a rack for the PC/monitor, E-Stop, THC, & plasma. I guess the Hypertherm 45xp is kinda hard to get at the moment so I'm waiting for it on back order. Also, going to give the HF air dryer a go only if I have problems. Currently have zero issues with moisture in my lines when using my Versacut 60 so might get to keep that $400

20190505_171245 by Christopher Scott, on Flickr

7. The Following 3 Users Like Mr_Scott's Post:

CashMoney (May 6th, 2019), maxamillion2345 (May 5th, 2019), RelentlessTaco (May 7th, 2019)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Max
    Getting ready for those tons eh? I have a feeling this will be a very nice build.

9. The Following User Likes maxamillion2345's Post:

Mr_Scott (May 6th, 2019)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    This has kinda moved beyond an air dryer thread.....Oh well. Updates! Still no Hypertherm. I have everything else at this point that I need and the longer I wait, the more I keep messing with this thing I've decided that I want it to move so I built a beefy base on 6" 600#ea casters. Then after some more waiting, I've decided I'm going to rig up a pneumatic fill/drain system for two reasons: One, so I can move it without dumping 40 gallons of water on my floor. Two, I plan on running an anti rust/fungal solution that ain't cheap. This will help with evaporation between longer periods of non use. Hope to have this all knocked out this week

20190511_205109 by Christopher Scott, on Flickr

20190513_175020 by Christopher Scott, on Flickr

11. The Following 3 Users Like Mr_Scott's Post:

CashMoney (May 13th, 2019), Dennis (May 14th, 2019), maxamillion2345 (May 13th, 2019)

TroubleShooter
    Real Name
    Denis
    I've got over 50 gallons in my table. I've emptied it about once a year so far to clean out the slag and refill with homebrew anti-fungal mix (https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?t=572). Evaporates a lot during the summer, but I just top it off with water and it's still good.

Interested to see what you come up with.
    Reno4x4Garage.com - CNC plasma cutting, welding, tube bending and custom 4x4 fabrication - 771-2734

13. The Following User Likes Dennis's Post:

Mr_Scott (May 14th, 2019)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Might have to give that a shot. The hippie tree hugger stuff I was looking at was a couple hundred bucks for 5 gallons. Enough for about 2 flush/fills.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Still. No. Plasma. Going on 13 weeks out of the 7-8 weeks I was quoted

It's all done up now at this point....just taking up space all worthless like. Table seems like good quality but Wright's customer service is shit. I'd stay away.
    20190525_134038 by Christopher Scott, on Flickr

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Max

Looks sweet at any rate!

17. The Following User Likes maxamillion2345's Post:

Mr_Scott (2 Weeks Ago)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I've got over 50 gallons in my table. I've emptied it about once a year so far to clean out the slag and refill with homebrew anti-fungal mix (https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?t=572). Evaporates a lot during the summer, but I just top it off with water and it's still good.

Interested to see what you come up with.
    Dump/Fill setup works like a champ! Drains 48 gallons down into the 55 gallon drum under the table in 18 min, flip a couple valves and add about 4psi and it all goes back up in about 15 min. Couldn't be happier with how it ended up.

I started doing some research about the homebrew stuff and decided it wasn't for me....yet. I'm trying GreenCut this first go. Mixed at 20:1 it cost about $2.20 a gallon to fill the table. I'm ok with that IF it works at keeping the funk and the rust at bay. We'll see...

Vendor
    Real Name
    Eric
    Bought 4 buckets of Green Cut and did a clean out and fresh water in my table last week. So far I'm beyond happy with the Green Cut solution and will be buying another bucket or 2 so I can top off when needed.
    We do Steel and aluminum welding, CNC cutting, tube bending, etc. Specializing in Toyota's, but work on any rig
    Check us out in my vendor forum, or on OUR WEBSITE ,on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram @relentlessfabricaion and also on our youtube

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
    Bought 4 buckets of Green Cut and did a clean out and fresh water in my table last week. So far I'm beyond happy with the Green Cut solution and will be buying another bucket or 2 so I can top off when needed.
    Nice! You do 1000x more cutting than I'll ever do so keep me posted. Interested to see how it works after heavy usage.

I got 200 ph test strips on Amazon for like $8 and added a HF pond pump to keep it all good and stirred up. I've filled my table now and drained it a few times to test it out and have zero rust on the pan or slats...seems promising.

Got word from Wright that my plasma should be here middle of next week. Should be blasting out parts soon!

Vendor
    Real Name
    Eric
    I don't actually cut on my plasma that much any more, been farming out nearly all cutting to laser to speed up our production process, but that had it's own issue with my plasma table.... Not cutting as much made the water start to get funky so thats why I did the clean out and added the Greencut. So far so good with it doing its job of anti-rust and keeping the water looking and smelling fresh. The almost Simple Green like scent of the Greencut has been welcomed. I've left parts and sheets on my table from friday afternoon until monday morning with zero rust. That impressed me!
    Still need to get some ph strips to check and follow their recommendations of ph numbers

22. The Following User Likes RelentlessTaco's Post:

Mr_Scott (1 Week Ago)