Thread: No doors???

Real Name
    tristian

No doors???

So nice weather is soon to be on it's way I will be taking the top off my runner...but I am waiting for a friend to make some tube doors. Question is is it legal for me to drive with no doors for a little till I get my tube ones.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Joe
    I'm not 100% certain but I think so. You just have to have mirrors.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Jed
    The law just says something like A mirror which provides a view to the rear. So the windshield rearview mirror would count.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by ManNamedJed View Post
    The law just says something like A mirror which provides a view to the rear. So the windshield rearview mirror would count.
    I thought that as well but that is not the case. You are required to have two I believe. I read the NRS about it a while ago but it was convoluted so I called the DMV and the Sheriff to confirm. YMMV but I'd confirm it before rolling the dice on it.

Real Name
    tristian
    Got it thank you guys

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Jed
    Quote Originally Posted by ZJchukar View Post
    I thought that as well but that is not the case. You are required to have two I believe. I read the NRS about it a while ago but it was convoluted so I called the DMV and the Sheriff to confirm. YMMV but I'd confirm it before rolling the dice on it.
    Got the NRS printed out and have a copy with my registration in case I ever get called on it. Don't bother asking a sherriff or DMV - they don't necessarily know the law.

7. The Following User Likes ManNamedJed's Post:

darren y (March 16th, 2019)

Real Name
    tristian
    Got the NRS printed out and have a copy with my registration in case I ever get called on it. Don't bother asking a sherriff or DMV - they don't necessarily know the law.
    What's the page numer/section

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Joe
    Looks like I even learned something today!

I support Blue Ribbon Coalition!
    Real Name
    Clint
    I don't know the law, but have personal experience. I drove around without a roof, doors, mirrors, fenders and mudflaps for 10 years in Northern Nevada/ California and never had an issue. I was pulled over once in Nevada and once in California in that time for speeding as well and ever only got one ticket for speeding. Your results may vary.
    "Bird Law in this country is not governed by reason. You absolutely can't own a hummingbird, but you can however keep a gull as a pet. You don't wand to live with a seabird though, it'll blast your ear drums out."

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Phil
    FYI:
    NRS 484D.425  Mirrors on trucks.  Every truck using the highways of this State, having a body of such width or height that obscures a view of the road to the rear, shall be equipped with a mirror carried in such position that the driver of the truck shall be able to see reflected in the mirror traffic approaching from the rear.

NRS 484D.430  Mirrors on all motor vehicles.  On and after January 1, 1970, every motor vehicle, operated singly or when towing any other vehicle, shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such motor vehicle.

I found nothing regarding doors. It may be somewhere else other than NRS 484D?
    Nothing to see here....move along