Thread: Kali Key review. Bolt action AR-15.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brizz

Kali Key review. Bolt action AR-15.

Does anyone else have any interest in California legal bolt action ARs? I live here in Reno, but California is right out there past the back yard. And I end up wheeling in and out a lot. I'm a big fan of the AR platform and how versatile they are. I don't like that they are illegal in Cali in any useful configuration. I can throw the Kali Key and a 10 round magazine in any of my AR-15s and still be within the ridiculous California laws. It converts a semi auto AR to a Bolt action AR. I bought a Kali Key and an extra BCG to try it out. I did have some issues, but once I ironed them out it works great. I can convert to bolt action in about 30 seconds. Converting back takes about 30 seconds as well.

I had 3 different problems, 2 that came from my own stupidity.
    First I put it on a brand new BCG that had a very tight bolt. It would not always go into battery.
    Second, I switched it to a BCG that was broken in and not too tight, but I didn't lock tight the gas key screws. It worked great! Then I went back and lock tighted the gas key screws, but wasn't careful and somehow got lock tight in the BCG and glued the bolt in place. That was a pain to get back out.
    The third issue was that the screw holding the charging handle together came out. They did send me a replacement screw for free, as well as tell me the specs of the screw so I could get one right away. I suggest lock tighting that screw as well.

The bottom line is that it's a simple and effective way of meeting California's stupid gun laws when traveling there.

http://www.jlbillet.com/kalikey
    Brizz
    FJ-40 on 39.5s, locked front and rear. Looking for 68-74 FJ-40 doors.

I support Reno4x4!
    So charging handle is the bolt action? Must one drop off target to reload? Intrigued
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brizz
    Yes, you have to get your face out of the way for the next shot. It would be great for precision shooting if you didn't. As it is there is really no positive to having to have it. But it is a temporary solution to the BS CA laws.
    Brizz
    FJ-40 on 39.5s, locked front and rear. Looking for 68-74 FJ-40 doors.