Thread: Launching a PWC at pyramid lake

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron

Launching a PWC at pyramid lake

Anyone ever do a beach launch? Are you allowed to do so?

I bought my first ever PWC (Sea doo GTR 230) and have never launched a boat before. Any suggestions? I'm running a stock 17 Tacoma single axle trailer. I got a fire extinguiser, docking rope, ancor for when i beach it and life jackets for everyone (Family of 4).
    "Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein

Real Name
    Matt
    Have not been there in a few years but you was able to shore launch before. There are plenty of ramps as well. If your taco is 4x4 you'll be fine maybe drop a few psi on your tires if its soft.. Good luck man and respect that lake it has a way of repaying the fools.
    lol

I support Reno4x4!
    Two big no no’s is beach refueling. Pull it out to do that and don’t get caught or cause a spill and also don’t get stuck. Bring $. One guy has the lock on recoveries. Rez Que Towing. Keep # handy to reduce wait times. 842-1061. Have fun!
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Scott
    I've done it there and at Lahontan with a 2004 ex cab tacoma. It's easy but some spots can be really flat so you have to back up pretty far into the lake to get the trailer into enough water.

A second option is to back it in until you think you have enough water, spash the trailer and the bottom of the jet ski and lift/wiggle the ski off the trailer.

You'll want two anchors. One for in the water and one for on land. It holds the ski straight. A Single anchor just lets the ski move with the direction of the wind (which happens at Pyramid a lot) and a second anchor locks it into place. Sand anchors are okay. My family used old rubber dumbbells because they were easier than loading up the sand anchors with sand. A Metal anchor wedged into the sand is going to lock the ski into place. You can decide if you want to keep the key in the ski or on land when you park it. Some people might be afraid their ski will ride off while they watch if they leave the keys inside or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevr View Post
    Wow, this thread is like a ping pong match with 8 players on an octagonal table. Pointless and dizzying...

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by RARECJ8 View Post
    Two big no noís is beach refueling. Pull it out to do that and donít get caught or cause a spill and also donít get stuck. Bring $. One guy has the lock on recoveries. Rez Que Towing. Keep # handy to reduce wait times. 842-1061. Have fun!
    We asked this question to a Ranger a year or so ago about pulling people out of the sand. He told us no issue as long as you do not charge them. Then it is in conflict with tow service. I have pulled a bunch of people out of situations and have never charged.
    82' CJ8, Black on Black, 35" MTR, 4.5 Rubicon Express, AMC 360 / T18

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    I have since launched at Lahanton on the beach and it wasn't too much trouble.
    "Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein