PDA

View Full Version : employed vs. unemployed

unreng
February 16th, 2010, 01:30 PM
employed vs. unemployed (e.g. what is the current employment status for those responding?)

This isn't in the political forum, so disregard the philosophical debate concerning employment.

It's a poll to determine the employed VS. unemployed of the r4x4 crew. Check employed if you have a job or check unemployed if you don't have a job?:banghead:

The results will be included in an e-mail to Ensign and Reid with hope of clarifying their positions concerning the current economic depression.

Travman
February 16th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Are you asking what we are currently? Or what we think about it? Or?

sorry, I just dont get it....

dirtytoy
February 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM
unemployed is cool for the first couple of weeks, then everyday starts feeling like sunday. week never starts and never ends. imo that sucks.

XJBALLA
February 16th, 2010, 03:07 PM
unemployed is cool for the first couple of weeks, then everyday starts feeling like sunday. week never starts and never ends. imo that sucks.

amen to that....hah

Battlecock
February 16th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Unemployed means not having to ask for time off to go to KOH! :thumbsup:
Other than that it sucks .......bad

Free Wheelin'
February 16th, 2010, 03:24 PM

I couldnt agree more. Today I came to realization that savings are not infinite. I've been unemployed for a little more than a month. Fortunately, between Uncle Sam and savings I wont be going to the poor house anytime soon, but time to tighten up.

XJBALLA
February 16th, 2010, 03:31 PM
thats true. Its fun casue you can go work on your jeep and cars then you realize you have no money to buy any parts so there really is nothing to do! lol...sh!tty

leifnv
February 16th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I was "unemployed" for 9 months a couple of years ago.
I worked my butt off the whole time.
Took any job I could find on craigslist, drove patients for a company doing workers rehab.
If it was a possibility to make a few $$$ legally, I was there in a hurry......
(I was not eligible for unemployment)

But I agree, it sucked not having a regular job, have place to go everyday, and know you had a paycheck coming up

L.D.
February 16th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure what your askin for either, but I've been unemployed for a year now. things have gotten tight, had more than one screw tightened into my thumbs. I keep on doin what I can to keep my head above water.

Gizmatical Fuquad
February 16th, 2010, 06:38 PM
thats true. Its fun casue you can go work on your jeep and cars then you realize you have no money to buy any parts so there really is nothing to do! lol...sh!tty

How true that is, I have tons of plans on stuff to do, but no cash flow for most of it.

I'm not sure what your askin for either, but I've been unemployed for a year now. things have gotten tight, had more than one screw tightened into my thumbs. I keep on doin what I can to keep my head above water.

I have been out of work since August of '08, things are damn tight in our household, I tend to do without many things so as to make things good for my kids.

uglysami
February 16th, 2010, 07:20 PM
does barely employed classify as actually employed.

wishfulthinker
February 17th, 2010, 12:59 AM
does barely employed classify as actually employed.

Yes, if you have an employer that's giving you a paycheck be it p/t or on call you're still employed.

I was thinking people were being, well for a lack of a better word retarded. Until I saw you didn't edit your post until "4 hours ago". Either way seemed like a simple enough question to me, stop over thinking everything! :thumbsup:

jeepndug
February 17th, 2010, 07:46 AM
i voted but i just went back to work 2 weeks ago i was lucky being right place right time to get my job but i was unemployed 2 month

440SCOUT
February 17th, 2010, 08:04 AM
ive been uneployed for 3 months now .. i have never been busier, i think its awesome i spend more time with my kid, go to every event i want to go to,work on my house, and work on my projects.. maybe the excitement wiil wear off but for now its great..
imho

JeepNoob
February 17th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Employed here.

91yj
February 17th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Employed but under paid!

dirtytoy
February 17th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Employed but under paid!
yeap in the same boat. way under payed for the skills i have and they want me to use.

DaGimp
February 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Employed for the last year, great job with great pay. The 26th may be my last day, end of contract. But thats pretty normal for me. They might have work Already lined up for me, they may have more work next month.

fj4play
February 18th, 2010, 02:36 AM
employed at unemployed wages

karking
February 18th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Employed.

L.D.
February 18th, 2010, 07:22 AM
i voted but i just went back to work 2 weeks ago i was lucky being right place right time to get my job but i was unemployed 2 month

so Doug, where are you working now?