PDA

View Full Version : My new welding gear

solja4jc
May 19th, 2010, 05:11 AM
W00t. been waiting for this thing for a while, man does it help when it gets hot too!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/cosborne/IMG_0360.jpg

CashMoney
May 19th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I hate you

RARECJ8
May 19th, 2010, 11:15 AM
welding? looks like part of a power ranger costume! LOL. Nice gear. i don;t weld enough to justify a coolling pack, but niiiiiiiiiice...

Mr. Awesome
May 19th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Very nice! Let us know how it works for you.

CashMoney
May 19th, 2010, 11:32 AM
yep I want to know how it works and specs on the one u got..I'll probably be doin the same this summer cause I cant take that heat much more when its already 100 somethin degrees outside and stuck inside a trailer that makes it an oven

Shinobi
May 19th, 2010, 11:41 AM
dude that looks space suit !! bad ass

Gizmatical Fuquad
May 19th, 2010, 01:00 PM
PFFFFFFT! When I was your age, I would weld with some dark sunglasses, tank-top, shorts, and flip-flops. Kids these days got no cojones.

Well, not really. That's a nice set up.

solja4jc
May 19th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Lol, main reason i got it was because i weld a lot of stainless. Chromium makes stainless "Stain-Less" and its bad for your lungs and skin.They prevent the outside air from coming in and circulates through a filter thats strapped to your back. The second bonus is it keep my head cool and nothing fogs up. Also help when it gets hot.

For those who do not know, this is a SpeedGlas Hood by 3m. The best on the market. The hood alone is $500 because its a special design for ventilation purposes. Now you can guess at how much the filter/turbo costs........

CashMoney
May 19th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I bet that filter and air blowers in the 1500-2k range atleast.

solja4jc
May 20th, 2010, 05:01 AM
I bet that filter and air blowers in the 1500-2k range atleast.

ding ding

ill tell you that my life and lungs are worth more than that. If your lookin, just wait for tax returns lol

CashMoney
May 20th, 2010, 09:18 AM
ding ding

ill tell you that my life and lungs are worth more than that. If your lookin, just wait for tax returns lol

In all honestly, anyone welding should really use one of those. I'd probably go with the miller set up though cause my speedglass helmet doesn't fit my head well (I gots a big head) but it was nice when i gota work in those really tight areas where there's bearly enough room to fit your head in the first place. Definitely post up after you been using it cause i'm curious how it works out for you.

solja4jc
May 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM
They are designed with welding in small places in mind. I know that all welders have these in mines if there isnt already ventilation.