PDA

View Full Version : LEO thrown out of coffee shop.

DaGimp
June 16th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Cant say I dont agree with him.

http://www.kptv.com/video/23829506/index.html

nameless
June 16th, 2010, 04:22 PM
ahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

jfrey123
June 16th, 2010, 05:04 PM
"TH-so, I totally asked this guye to leave, cause like, he might totally like do th-some polise work and prevent a crime... An' I'm just totally not comfortable with that."

This coffee shop sounds th-super.

FallonJeeper
June 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Really? And that cop looked so menacing.

Inc
June 16th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I wonder if the coffee shop owner saw the video of the cop punching the 17 old girl in the face and got scared.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/caught-on-tape-cop-punches-teen-girl-10921057

don't j-walk...

NevadaXJ
June 16th, 2010, 10:08 PM
don't j-walk...
Don't resist arrest and/or interfere with an arrest and you won't get busted in the mouth. The coffee shop owner is a douche bag.

seal13il
June 16th, 2010, 10:49 PM
A. this coffee shop should be shut down! this is a spit in the face for the ppl in uniform who risk their lives daily for shmoks like this owner!

B. in the 2nd video, it is clear that that officer didnt eat his spinach or was real gentle, as there is no excuse to the fact that this BIATCH was still standing after the punch!

C. He/she who are looking for trouble, will eventually find it!

Inc
June 17th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Don't resist arrest and/or interfere with an arrest and you won't get busted in the mouth. The coffee shop owner is a douche bag.

I agree with that, on both accounts. I do have wonder why the officer was acting the way he did when the first woman was only j-walking. Seems like a bit of an overreaction but the video doesn't show how it all started. I'm glad the officer in the first video was so cool about the idiots in the coffee shop though.

Pariah
June 17th, 2010, 06:24 AM
What a douche.

NevadaXJ
June 17th, 2010, 06:31 AM
I agree with that, on both accounts. I do have wonder why the officer was acting the way he did when the first woman was only j-walking. Seems like a bit of an overreaction but the video doesn't show how it all started. I'm glad the officer in the first video was so cool about the idiots in the coffee shop though.

He approached them about jaywalking. While he was attempting to get their information the first girl (that he was scuffling with) started to walk away. He warned her, she continued to leave. He grabbed her arm to stop her, and you have seen the rest.

A better story: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007868-504083.html

The sad thing about the coffee shop is: That owner will be whining the loudest when he gets robbed or held up and he feels the police took too long respond. I hate "too cool for the room" d-bags like that. He only did it for the attention.

rok-jeep
June 17th, 2010, 07:00 AM
It was no longer j-walking. They were actively resisting his investigation no matter what it was for and then dumb ***** in the pink stepped in a pushed the officer away from her friend. Her pushing the officer can be clearly seen in the video. It then became battery on a peace officer and she got punched in the face. Screw her, she deserved it.

His actions were too slow if you ask me. That girl in the black should have been in handcuffs long before then. His arrest and control proceedures need to be retrained. He let that confrontation go on way too long.

Inc
June 17th, 2010, 07:04 AM
It was no longer j-walking. They were actively resisting his investigation no matter what it was for and then dumb ***** in the pink stepped in a pushed the officer away from her friend. Her pushing the officer can be clearly seen in the video. It then became battery on a peace officer and she got punched in the face. Screw her, she deserved it.

I don't want you guys to think I was saying she was in the right. She clearly pushed the officer, and had no business interfering. I was just surprised it escalated so far over something as dumb as j-walking is all. Sorry I jacked this thread.

rok-jeep
June 17th, 2010, 07:19 AM
You would be surprised how quickly dumb people escalate a nothing situation. The suspect determines which level of force is necessary. An officer has a right to escalate his response to a level of force necessary to gain control of the suspect and once that control is gained the officer must de-escalate to a level of force necessary to keep control. The officer clearly de-escalated to a level necessary to keep control once the strike was made.

I would say he would have been out of line if he continued to punch her repeatedly but he did not. It was one strike then he was able to take control. It is obvious he did not expect that kind of reaction in response to a j-walking citation but that stuff happens. You have to be prepared for the worst situation all the time.

ZIPGRAVER
June 17th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I just love hippie freaks like that pussy shop owner displaying a RED star...nice...oh well it's Portland, OR. What a POS as are all his customers.

Mr. Awesome
June 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Look if I owned a shop I would welcome the police, but I think he hs the right to ban who ever he hants from his shop. The dude is a wimp if he is afraid of that cop.

Mr. Awesome
June 17th, 2010, 09:18 AM
If I owned a cofee shop I would not allow mexican nationals.

BIG BLUE
June 17th, 2010, 09:33 AM
That chick pushed a cop while he was trying to subdue another person. He had no way of knowing how they crowd would react so best to diffuse the situation right away. He had legal reason to stop them, and they refused to corporate, he then was attacked and responded...yet he is in the wrong? AS far as askign the cop to leave...good way to get some free advertising I say. I dont think the cop cared and he handled it in a professional manner. If i was that department I would send a cop down there everyday to get some coffee...

DaGimp
June 17th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Look if I owned a shop I would welcome the police, but I think he hs the right to ban who ever he hants from his shop. The dude is a wimp if he is afraid of that cop.

It was a politcal based in your face because I can jerk move. However I fully support his right to throw him out.

I dont feel safer with Police around. I feel like some jerk with with a badge and a gun might get bored and decide to harrass me to entertain himself. New years I was walking down the strip with friends. We were not drinking, we were not loud, we were not rowdy. However we did have the misfortune of having to stop for a crosswalk with one of Reno's finest standing at the corner with us. The cop for no reason starts giving my friend ****ty looks, my friend asks him "Can I help you officer, is there a problem" (or something like that, his tone wasnt that great) and the cop responds "no but you're about to have a problem". Now take my completely sober 40 + year old respectable successful business owner friend who did absolutely nothing wrong but have to stop for a crosswalk. I was pulling out my camera when the crosswalk changed and we left, my friend is loaded and surely would have sued.

Thats what I think about cops and that represents most of my experiences with them (not all). Do I really want a prick with a badge/gun/attitude near me if I dont have to? The correct answer is no.

EDIT: And I would layoff %50 of reno's Police force in a heartbeat if I could. Then perhaps they would only have enough resources to go after bad guys instead of harassing the general public. This doesnt apply to all LEO agencies, but it certainly does to Reno. One day driving less than 5 miles each way in one hour I passed 15 of Reno's finest. There were not all headed to or leaving the same place, think it was just chance.

JeepNoob
June 17th, 2010, 10:22 AM
If I owned a cofee shop I would not allow mexican nationals.

If you had a shop I wouldnt go to it

Mr. Awesome
June 17th, 2010, 10:26 AM
If you had a shop I wouldnt go to it
Why are you an illegal immigrant?

JeepNoob
June 17th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Why are you an illegal immigrant?

Hell no, Im as "white boy" as it gets

ZIPGRAVER
June 17th, 2010, 11:16 AM
..... If i was that department I would send a cop down there everyday to get some coffee...

Or just send a car to sit in front of it for an hour every day......HAHAHAHAHAHA

Mr. Awesome
June 17th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Hell no, Im as "white boy" as it gets
Then why would you have a problem going to a place that bans illegal mexicans?

Kyle
June 17th, 2010, 11:25 AM
The guy who co-owns the coffee shop is a complete idiot. It never ceases to amaze me how dumb some people are.

BIG BLUE
June 17th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Then why would you have a problem going to a place that bans illegal mexicans?

what??? It should be illegal to ban Illegals??? Seriously they just want to get the same rights as all of us without having to put in the time or money to do it legal...whats the problem with that???

GO4X4IT
June 17th, 2010, 02:28 PM
1. People have the right to refuse service to anyone.

2. The woman got what she deserved. She interfered.

3. I'd refuse service to illegals, too.

K bye.

JeepNoob
June 17th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I dont see how anyone can say if they owned an establishment, and someone walked in (and were acting civilized)
and said yea " i need a burger and fries and a coke" your telling me you would say "hang on maam, are you legal to be here?"

no, you wouldnt. or maybe thats why you dont own said establishment. It would never work.

Kthx

GO4X4IT
June 17th, 2010, 04:03 PM
If you went into a fancy restaurant that has a dress code, and you show up in shorts, sandals and a tee, they can refuse you. even if you have ample money to spend.

If you go to a club where their dress code is "dress to impress" they wont let you in with a jersey, and baggy pants

I realize the above are clothing related, but there are SO MANY circumstances where service can be refused. I dont see the issue here. :rolleyes:

As for the illegal immigrant, If they are trying to buy alcohol and they dont have a Green Card or any form of US ID, heck yes I would refuse service

Black's R&R
June 17th, 2010, 06:39 PM

K bye.

+1

Mr. Awesome
June 17th, 2010, 08:09 PM

K bye.

X2!

DaGimp
June 25th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Really? And that cop looked so menacing.

Not a scary as this 86 y/o "Granny" who need medical help! Thats someone I want to come help me, almost dead and need help, we'll tase you to death!

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/06/24/28330.htm

FallonJeeper
June 25th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Go get 'em granny. I'd like to see the official report. You know, two sides to every story.

DaGimp
June 25th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Go get 'em granny. I'd like to see the official report. You know, two sides to every story.

But how much more can their really be with and 86 y/o bed ridden woman on oxygen? And what "as much as 10" police officers on a medical call?

JeepNoob
June 25th, 2010, 12:36 PM
But how much more can their really be with and 86 y/o bed ridden woman on oxygen? And what "as much as 10" police officers on a medical call?
Thats messed up if the story is true. I wouldnt sit and watch as they roughed up MY grand ma.

commando
July 13th, 2010, 10:58 AM
it pisses me off that my tax dollars go to pay officers who agree that punching a juvenile female is required to gain control of a situation. i implore you peace officers to punch the next unruly woman who intimidates you, then look yourself in the mirror and call yourself a man. i'm sure there was an alternate way to deal with the situation. you punch a juvenile female for any reason and you're a coward. coffee shop guy is just as big of a pansy, but i can't blame him, 90% of his customers have weed in their pockets and they get nervous around cops. illegals are just as entitled as cops to do whatever they want without any consequences.

DaGimp
August 18th, 2010, 04:12 AM
This video is entertaining.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15808654?source=rss