PDA

View Full Version : So I just had to dig a big freakin' hole in my backyard.......

Gizmatical Fuquad
September 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM
.... to bury my dog, Maggie. Her full name is Magdalena and she was one one of the best dogs I ever had. She was a purebred Tri-color Australian Cattle Dog. She was my constant companion for many years. The neatest thing about her is that I had to do very little training, what I wanted her to do seemed to be instinctual to her. I love her and I miss her, but oh well, it's just a fvcking dog, at least that's what keep trying to tell myself through the tears.

Roach
September 17th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris, she was an awesome dog :(

Do you know the cause?

SaturnICL
September 17th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Sorry to hear it :( My last two dogs were healers and I swear they were telepathic!

Bitosin
September 17th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Sorry for your loss. It is just a f-ing dog, but you can get pretty attached to a "f-ing dog" and they become one of the family.

Rockindoc
September 17th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose a dog you've had for many years. They become part of the family and they are more than "just a dog."

I have to confess though, I was really excited when I saw your heading "So I just had to dig a big freakin' hole in my backyard......."

I thought you were going to say you buried Leif in your back yard. :lolrun:

Fyresq
September 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I was thinkin' Swimmin' Pool! Sorry for the loss

Battlecock
September 17th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I am sorry for your loss. If and when you decide to get another pup, my sister runs a cattle dog rescue if you are interested.

leifnv
September 17th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Chris, I am really sorry for your loss. Maggie was a good dog, I liked her a lot...

ChrisMc
September 17th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Gizmatical Fuquad
September 17th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I am sorry for your loss. If and when you decide to get another pup, my sister runs a cattle dog rescue if you are interested.

Can you PM a ph#? I definitely need another ACD soon. I have ALWAYS had a dog, when one goes for whatever reason, I get another.

DaGimp
September 17th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Thats terrible. So sad our best friends only get to stay with us for so many years.

seal13il
September 17th, 2010, 05:56 PM
sorry for your loss....:(

72 Virginians
September 17th, 2010, 07:02 PM
:(

thedevl
September 17th, 2010, 08:32 PM
That sucks man. The best cure for a lost dog is puppy breath so take two licks and call me in the morning.

Roach
September 18th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Can you PM a ph#? I definitely need another ACD soon. I have ALWAYS had a dog, when one goes for whatever reason, I get another.

sunset doesnt count?

floor ya
September 18th, 2010, 05:00 AM
sorry to hear that chris.

Shinobi
September 18th, 2010, 05:51 AM
sorry to hear that man. .... my condolences

DBJ
September 18th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Sorry to hear chris, what was the cause she wasnt that old was she? And roach sunset will be in need of a new dog buddy.

Bitosin
September 18th, 2010, 06:15 AM
I have to confess though, I was really excited when I saw your heading "So I just had to dig a big freakin' hole in my backyard......."

I thought you were going to say you buried Leif in your back yard. :lolrun:

I thought he was planting a tree or something and hit a water main.

ZIPGRAVER
September 18th, 2010, 07:14 AM
So sorry Chris...the loss of a dog can be almost as devastating as the loss of a child. I know. That's why I will never have another dog.

Gizmatical Fuquad
September 18th, 2010, 08:19 AM
So sorry Chris...the loss of a dog can be almost as devastating as the loss of a child. I know. That's why I will never have another dog.

Yeah, it's kinda close, but definitely not the same. I will get another dog as I have always had a dog for as far back as I can remember, starting with Judy, the police Shepherd I had when I was 3.

Battlecock
September 18th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Shepherd > all

Gizmatical Fuquad
September 18th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I've mostly had Shepherds or Shepherd mixes, but since I got Maggie 10 years ago, I am hooked on the ACD and will get another. I'm gonna call your sister here in a little while and see what she has available. I'd like to get a puppy as Damien had a good point about puppy breath, but a rescue dog might be a good way to honor the Fat Dog's (Maggie's nickname) memory.