PDA

View Full Version : Propane.

leifnv
July 21st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Propane.

Last week Amerigas sent me a bill for "$112 subscription fee".
I called Amerigas and they explained the "fee"was to lock in my propane price to $3.699/gallon for the winter.

Well that tripped me off, and I finally got the kick in the butt I needed.

I checked a couple of websites comparing local propane prices, and scrolled backwards.

It looked like Bi-State had the best price history, they seemed tobe about $0.65 below Amerigas on average, so I called them, I also notified my landlord that lives next door that I was changing propane supplier.

Long story short, today Bi-State swapped out the tanks, and filled my new tank for $1.93/gallon.
For the next year I will pay $2.63/gallon.

Not only that, but my landlord decided to change provider, so I got a $50 credit as "referral bonus".

A good day in the neighborhood.

DirtyChemist
July 21st, 2011, 03:06 PM
If only they'd fill my bbq bottle for $1.93 a gallon...or my truck ran on propane.

lockwood don
July 22nd, 2011, 07:38 AM
If only they'd fill my bbq bottle for $1.93 a gallon...or my truck ran on propane.

We have propane out here and I use eagle energy cause their cheaper than bistate! When I get filled I leave all my BBQ and camp propane bottles out and they fill them for same price and add it to my bill!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

beerbrewin
July 22nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
You can get propane for $2.50/gal at the texaco station off of greg and mccarren during the day (its on sale from like 10 to 6 monday-friday).

leifnv
July 22nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
You can get propane for $2.50/gal at the texaco station off of greg and mccarren during the day (its on sale from like 10 to 6 monday-friday).

Yes, but it is unpractical to haul down a 250 gallon tank there....

DirtyChemist
July 28th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Yes, but it is unpractical to haul down a 250 gallon tank there....

meh....it's easy if you leave it mounted on the truck :D

Pretty sure he was goin back to my comment of filling BBQ bottles...for beer