PDA

View Full Version : Tig welding

shartx24
November 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
If I paid for consumables and whatever else is needed would someone want to teach me to tig weld?

drinkin_buddy
November 7th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Man, this is not a skill that is easily gained. I took classes and still was not worth anything for about a year or so. The best and cheapest thing i can suggest to you is TMCC welding classes. You can not just jump into the TIG classes, you have to atleast walk through stick welding first, then Maybe Scott will be in a good enough mood to let skip mig and go into tig.

If you are closer to Carson, i highly suggest the welding classes at their vo tech. Better equipment, less drama and they are good.

shartx24
November 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Man, this is not a skill that is easily gained. I took classes and still was not worth anything for about a year or so. The best and cheapest thing i can suggest to you is TMCC welding classes. You can not just jump into the TIG classes, you have to atleast walk through stick welding first, then Maybe Scott will be in a good enough mood to let skip mig and go into tig.

If you are closer to Carson, i highly suggest the welding classes at their vo tech. Better equipment, less drama and they are good.

I wish I could take classes but between work gf and my son I'd never have time.