PDA

View Full Version : Reno Speedworks

willys dave
February 3rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Any one out there know anything about Reno Speedworks ?They have a swap meet the first sunday of every month . I went by there today , late and I was the only one there . It may have been because of the superbowl .It looks like they do pretty nice work and they have some nice old cars there . I was wondering if any one has any experience with them . I am considering getting some body work by them on my old Jeep. Thanks for any info. you may provide .

RedHot
February 3rd, 2013, 08:43 PM
I've been over to their shop a couple of times for the swap meet. There wasn't a real big turn-out at either of these, but the weather wasn't real good either. I met one of the co-owners (Jeff) and he's a real nice guy, there's also a guy named Jesse (not sure if spelled right) who is a shop helper / maintinence man / handyman (also a real nice guy). If you go to the swap meet, they'll give you a tour of their shop and let you wander around their projects. They seem to be a very talented bunch of guys that do really nice work. Check them out on Facebook (search Reno Speedworks) they have all kinds of pictures of projects, including: air planes, Jeep roll cages and old cars.

willys dave
February 3rd, 2013, 09:40 PM
Yes , I met them both today and they are really nice guys . But their projects seem like they have been sitting around for a while.I don't want to give them my project and have it sitting around forever , I want it done in a reasonable amount of time , but want a good job done .And to be honest with you , just because they are nice guys doesn't they are quick .

RedHot
February 3rd, 2013, 09:53 PM
Yes , I met them both today and they are really nice guys . But their projects seem like they have been sitting around for a while.I don't want to give them my project and have it sitting around forever , I want it done in a reasonable amount of time , but want a good job done .And to be honest with you , just because they are nice guys doesn't they are quick .

That's true, but if you look at their Facebook page, it looks like they've done alot of projects. Also, the two times that I was there it looked like there were different projects going on.

psreno
May 31st, 2013, 07:20 AM
I take my trucks there. Jeff has a built up FJ60, and plenty of experience with other trucks. They do have many projects laying around however I think those are mostly pay-as-you-go kind of things - there is a lot of chop/cut/rebuild going on with some classics.
I usually stop by and make an appointment and they can fit me in within a couple of days and my work is always done at the agreed upon time. No complaints on the workmanship either. My junk may not look real nice, but I rely on it in the far backcountry. I trust their work and they keep the costs down. I've never been to the swap meets so can't speak to that.
Thanks for listening to me throw out some kudo's to a good unsung shop.
Paul