PDA

View Full Version : Started Diet and Gym

DNTTRY
March 4th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Finally decided to start working on my health so I can have more years with my family. Im borderline if not already diabetic. Well Christy ( fiancee ) got us some gym memberships today so its time to get into better shape. Not trying to get into my " good ole days " shape but I got to start somewhere. 230 lbs at 43 is just not good.

litlmeck
March 4th, 2013, 08:25 PM
230 lbs at 43 is just not good.

43 inches or centimeters?

DNTTRY
March 4th, 2013, 08:33 PM
43 years old

Deluxxx
March 4th, 2013, 08:40 PM
43 years old

Shit man that's me but I'm 24!!

litlmeck
March 4th, 2013, 08:51 PM
43 years old

Age doesnt matter. .Its more about your height and body type

joey jarhead
March 4th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Good call. I received a wake up call a few months back. Now doing Crossfit. What a difference it makes. Be encouraged.

Squirrel Cage
March 4th, 2013, 08:55 PM
230 lbs at 43 is just not good.

He'll I'm much happier being 230 than 290 at 38 years old. Stick with it and it will be worth it in the long run!

DirtyChemist
March 5th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Purple pinkey run, st Patrick's run at the children's fair, tough mudder in September are all good choices for reasons to keep up the good work. Sign up for some 5k runs and you'll stick with it. Get some good shoes if you're going to run not some $60 ones from big 5. It makes a difference.

69cj5
March 5th, 2013, 06:02 AM
I need to do this...

A Home To Envy
March 5th, 2013, 06:04 AM
PM RJ(MrRiceGuy) about the Zombie Run 5K his wife is putting on, it sounds like it will be a fun one.

DNTTRY
March 5th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the support. Yesterday was the first time Ive walked farther than the refrigerator in a long time. I used to love running , 20 years ago in my military days. Couldn't get enough. Now im alot older, my BF is at 35% and badly overweight. Time to get the diet in order as well. I walked 1.2 miles yesterday and rode the bike for 2 miles, then did some stretching. Man, that took it outta me...lol Also started these nasty as hell horse pill vitamins. YUK

1 day at a time

A Home To Envy
March 5th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Also, if you have a smart phone, download the my fitness pal app. When I actually use it, it helps. It tracks your calories in as well as any exercise. I didn't realize how bad I ate until I started tracking it.

joey jarhead
March 8th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the support. Yesterday was the first time Ive walked farther than the refrigerator in a long time. I used to love running , 20 years ago in my military days. Couldn't get enough. Now im alot older, my BF is at 35% and badly overweight. Time to get the diet in order as well. I walked 1.2 miles yesterday and rode the bike for 2 miles, then did some stretching. Man, that took it outta me...lol Also started these nasty as hell horse pill vitamins. YUK

1 day at a time

And another day
and another day
and another
and another
and another.......

just keep going. Remember it didnt get there overnight and it will not go away that quickly either.

Forward. March.

I was driving to work yesterday evening and this dude was running with one of those weighted vests on. He just missed the cross walk signal and had to wait for the light to change. He dropped and started doing push ups. I thought to myself, "that is one motivated man right there." I would have just stood there and waited for the light to change, enjoying the much needed break from running. a full 2 minutes later he was not pumping em out as fast as when he got there, but props to him.

White7
March 9th, 2013, 09:32 AM
. 230 lbs at 43 is just not good.
245 lbs at 48 here (I am 6'3" thought)
I need to get back into the workout swing myself,Ive always worked out my entire life until the last 5 or so years,,Ive always been a pretty good size dude but I'm starting to get the spare tire syndrome and hate it

cmarjeep
March 9th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Good for you. I started doing a low carb diet at the end of January. I was up to 200lbs and I'm only 5'10". I'm down to 178 now and am on the smallest notch in my belt. I can barely keep my pants up. Like someone else mentioned up above use the My Fitness Pal app if you have a smartphone or just use their online thing if you don't. It really makes you wake up and see what kind of shit you've been eating.

I've cut out all bread, pastas, starches, chips, and fast food, and soda. I wake up in the morning and have some eggs and bacon. I eat really light for lunch and usually just have some fruit or whatever. Then for dinner I'll have some kind of meat and a bunch of vegetables. The first week is rough but once you get past that you start to be less hungry and the cravings for the shitty food go away. Just stick with it whatever you do and don't cheat yourself and break your diet plan.

Generallyfast
March 9th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Good for you!!!! I went down this same road. At age 27 I was 259 pounds. I started to change my diet and Joined a mma gym here in reno. Now at age 29 I am 170 pounds. My advice stay focused and allow 1 free day a week. I have a very strict diet 6 days a week But that 7th day I will choke someone out who tries to get between me and a slice of pizza.