PDA

View Full Version : getting out of army moving back to No NV

Liftedscout52t
November 6th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Well I'm currently active duty living in ft. Bliss, TX. I'm getting out here in the next year or so. So what kind of job opportunities are out there in northern NV for veterans? Im a track mechanic, I worked mainly on large cummins, my military license will transfer to a cdl through Nevada DMV. Any information will help, thanks in advance.

DirtyChemist
November 7th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Well I'm currently active duty living in ft. Bliss, TX. I'm getting out here in the next year or so. So what kind of job opportunities are out there in northern NV for veterans? Im a track mechanic, I worked mainly on large cummins, my military license will transfer to a cdl through Nevada DMV. Any information will help, thanks in advance.

Probably more in Texas than here with the base training them there. Make random calls to shops out here. Probably someone looking for someone like you.

Nevadabackroader
November 7th, 2013, 04:37 AM
The mines out here are always looking for mechanics. Good pay and good job. Barrick and Newmont are the biggest employers.

tahoe1028
November 7th, 2013, 04:55 AM
I heard a radio ad that Dynamic diesel in Sparks was looking for mechanics.

Thankyou for your service

Liftedscout52t
November 8th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks I'll definitely look into all that, but I'm for sure coming back to Northern Nevada.

ZackMicF
November 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
im stationed at Bliss too!!! that's cool, im in 3rd brigade, 1-13cav, im deployed in jordan right now, i was wondering the same thing when i get out

yota 44
November 17th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I'm kind of in the same situation . 91m

(Bradley mechanic ) I get out of the ARMY next June

was thinking of going to tmcc and do the diesel program .

Not trying to thread jack . Just nice to hear info from guys in the same situation

Nevadabackroader
November 17th, 2013, 07:46 PM
I'm kind of in the same situation . 91m

(Bradley mechanic ) I get out of the ARMY next June

was thinking of going to tmcc and do the diesel program .

Not trying to thread jack . Just nice to hear info from guys in the same situation

I recommend the diesel program at Great Basin College. Look at the MTC scholarship, very good deal.