PDA

View Full Version : Not pleasantly surprised

willys dave
January 24th, 2014, 02:01 PM
I bought high steer arms from Artec. I later found another Vendor selling the same arms for ALOT less. I called Artec and they said they could not sell there items for less then their vendors or the vendors could not sell them.That makes sense except why sell the parts you make for so much more? Why sell them at all? Just refer us to your vendor. I feel ripped and they would make no amends.So ,I thought I would vent here ! Okay I'm done now, Thanks.

Dennis
January 24th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Did you shop around before clicking Buy button?

turbobrick
January 24th, 2014, 02:15 PM
It's SOP for a manufacturer to sell their product for MSRP, they don't usually want to compete with their own dealers/vendors. I'm sure you could return the product to them, and buy from a vendor (like Dave's Offroad where I got mine), or chalk it up as a lesson learned.

ManNamedJed
January 24th, 2014, 03:36 PM
If you hadn't seen the other vendor/price would you have been happy with your purchase?

sandblaster87
January 24th, 2014, 07:36 PM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/1607193-not-happy-artec.html

Gotta love pirate! Ha..

willys dave
January 24th, 2014, 07:42 PM
To answer all three questions, no I did not shop around. I did not think you could get a cheaper product then what the actual people who make them sell them for.Daves off road is the best price I have seen. #2, It's not worth returning them now, they are installed.#3, I am still happy with the purchase, I don't think there is a better option for my application. I am just saying that I guess I didn't understand that there would be a better price then the people who make them. There are other companies who only sell to their vendors and don't sell their products at all. I don't think it's fair to the people who actually buy their product that keep them in business to be what I would consider screwed on price by the manufacture. I guess at my age, I would know better. I guess what everybody is saying, it's my fault. Yet I still think $70.00 is way to much to charge more then your vendor sells one item for.So , if you guys bought this item then found out you could have gotten it less else where, you would be happy with your purchase ?

BUILTnotBOUGHT
January 24th, 2014, 07:48 PM

Gotta love pirate! Ha..
Win

Gizmatical Fuquad
January 24th, 2014, 07:56 PM
To answer all three questions, no I did not shop around. I did not think you could get a cheaper product then what the actual people who make them sell them for.Daves off road is the best price I have seen. #2, It's not worth returning them now, they are installed.#3, I am still happy with the purchase, I don't think there is a better option for my application. I am just saying that I guess I didn't understand that there would be a better price then the people who make them. There are other companies who only sell to their vendors and don't sell their products at all. I don't think it's fair to the people who actually buy their product that keep them in business to be what I would consider screwed on price by the manufacture. I guess at my age, I would know better. I guess what everybody is saying, it's my fault. Yet I still think $70.00 is way to much to charge more then your vendor sells one item for.So , if you guys bought this item then found out you could have gotten it less else where, you would be happy with your purchase ?

Dave, the thing is, with the internet and all, you might be a fool if you didn't do your homework for the best price. Just sayin'.

I research prices 11 ways to Sunday before I spend dime one.

willys dave
January 24th, 2014, 07:56 PM
You are a funny guy Kolt. You would be surprised as to how funny some people really think you are after the meeting at blvd. Pizza the other night ! You seemed to be one of the highlights. I obviously made a mistake posting my concerns here or anywhere. I am not that comp. literate and I guess at my age, I should have known better.It really was a cheap lesson in comparison to what it could have been. Next time I'll do my homework.

BUILTnotBOUGHT
January 24th, 2014, 08:03 PM
You are a funny guy Kolt. You would be surprised as to how funny some people really think you are after the meeting at blvd. Pizza the other night ! You seemed to be one of the highlights. I obviously made a mistake posting my concerns here or anywhere.
Target me instead of the dude that posted link? Not concerned about your pizza nights. Atleast I can say I built my rig, can you?

willys dave
January 24th, 2014, 08:26 PM
So Kolt, I guess it's all fun and games when it's not you huh ? I guess you can dish it out but can't take it. I guess when no one likes you, you wouldn't care about Pizza nights.No
, I can't say I built my own rig as I have stated many times. But there are alot of things I can do that you can't. One may be to afford to have a pro build my rig. Now, please go play on the freeway. Thank you.

maxamillion2345
January 24th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Target me instead of the dude that posted link? Not concerned about your pizza nights. Atleast I can say I built my rig, can you?
Don't start that shit fagitron!

jsipe007
January 24th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience but 9 times out of 10 if I go to the manufacturer directly I expect to pay more. Still sorry to hear they gouged you so bad. Artec makes quality stuff so even if you can't replace the loss least you got solid parts on your rig!

Dennis
January 24th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Manufacturers almost always sell at MSRP, which is almost always higher than what you can get it through a dealer. It's been that way for a long time, even before Al Gore invented the internet.

Deluxxx
January 24th, 2014, 08:51 PM
You are a funny guy Kolt. You would be surprised as to how funny some people really think you are after the meeting at blvd. Pizza the other night ! You seemed to be one of the highlights. I obviously made a mistake posting my concerns here or anywhere. I am not that comp. literate and I guess at my age, I should have known better.It really was a cheap lesson in comparison to what it could have been. Next time I'll do my homework.

Wtf guy. Spill it

also kolt....stop! Haha

Durtywrench
January 24th, 2014, 08:55 PM
This should just go under the lesson book. Next time you'll know better. I've seen several manufacturers rape you while other ones treat you like your a goddess.. I bought a mount from Larue and I think they thought I invented the AR .. I got a bottle opener, stickers , a sniper competition movie , a cool dillo bottle opener , plus 2 books on the constitution ( you know ? That piece of paper that Obama wants to use for shit tickets ). Anyways that company went above and beyond and I will always order straight from them.. I've had another company rape me so bad on a part only to recharge my card a second time at the first raping price.. geez ! Do your homework on the companies and learn which ones care about the customer and which ones want to mount you like a goat in heat..

willys dave
January 24th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Thank everyone for your opinion except Kolt, he didn't have one. It was just a mistake I made and it really wasn't that bad. I was trying to tell others not to make the same dumb mistake I made. I don't think I could have gotten a better part, that's for sure. I also want to thank everyone who sent me PMs. Lots of positive people there. These are the kind of people that make the world go around , the kind of people that help others.

CashMoney
January 24th, 2014, 09:05 PM
I don't see this as the manufacture raping anyone. Yes its more money but its easier for them to bring you good products by selling in bulk to their dealers who sell for less money

Deluxxx
January 24th, 2014, 09:10 PM
:cool:mu
Thank everyone for your opinion except Kolt, he didn't have one. It was just a mistake I made and it really wasn't that bad. I was trying to tell others not to make the same dumb mistake I made. I don't think I could have gotten a better part, that's for sure. I also want to thank everyone who sent me PMs. Lots of positive people there. These are the kind of people that make the world go around , the kind of people that help others.

I ordered lots of parts direct from artec... perfectly happy with that considering at the time they had the best deal. Also just saying that Kolt didn't say anything. How could you take "win" so negative maybe he was giving you props for posting your warning on pirate Chill out

swampdonkey
January 24th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Google is your friend... Search it and you will find prices trust me I do it all the time on parts..

Deluxxx
January 24th, 2014, 09:29 PM
What, are you guys Kolts boyfriends ? Do you really think he was praising me for posting a warning ? are you guys crazy ? I am done with this thread . I refuse to dwell in negativity any more. I do want to thank those for the positive support.

Ok bye, enjoy your artec product, I could have bought em cheaper

:thefinger:

owenst7
January 25th, 2014, 07:06 AM
No
, I can't say I built my own rig as I have stated many times. But there are alot of things I can do that you can't. One may be to afford to have a pro build my rig.
Exactly. Not everyone possesses intelligence.

xjmonkey
January 25th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Exactly. Not everyone possesses intelligence.

lolz, terry you crack me up

willys dave
January 25th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I'm glad you see yourself that way. I agree !

Nevadastars
January 25th, 2014, 04:56 PM

Gotta love pirate! Ha..

Damn, those guys are brutal!

Gizmatical Fuquad
January 25th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Willys dave made an error in judgment, he might not be as computer savvy as some of us. Instead of calling him names and giving him shit, I PM'd him and told him I would help him with future searches for parts. You fucking guys need to quit being such moose knuckles.
Dave is a good guy.

BUILTnotBOUGHT
January 25th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Willys dave made an error in judgment, he might not be as computer savvy as some of us. Instead of calling him names and giving him shit, I PM'd him and told him I would help him with future searches for parts. You fucking guys need to quit being such moose knuckles.
Dave is a good guy.
he brought the shit storm on himself IMO. this shits tame compared to some sections on pirate
no one told him to drink bleach or his mom should have swallowed him yet

Nevadabackroader
January 25th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Here we go again:beer:
Tapatalk really needs to add a popcorn symbol.

willys dave
January 25th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Thanks Chris, No Kolt, I didn't bring the shit storm on myself. It's only shallow negative assholes like you who think of this an opportunity to jump on somebody. I can only think it's an attempt to get the negativity directed away from you. I am willing to bet you would not say any of this to my face. Don't forget, this isn't Pirate and I am not out of state.

Gizmatical Fuquad
January 25th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Me a moose knuckle? Even tho I lined up a smoking deal on a motor so your wife could get to work? Guess I made a mistake trying to help you out, learned my lesson

Yeah, not such a smokin' deal. For the price offered and I gotta pull it myself, I'll get one from PnP.

BUILTnotBOUGHT
January 25th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Yeah, not such a smokin' deal. For the price offered and I gotta pull it myself, I'll get one from PnP.
$500 for low mileage motor and tranny? Uhh seems pretty Decent to me

Gizmatical Fuquad
January 25th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I'll stand by everything I said, whatever the medium. I might tweet it just for shits and giggles.

Deluxxx
January 25th, 2014, 06:01 PM
I know everyone basically in this thread except willys, and if you all hung on the trail you'd all like each other just fine haha! Oh interwebs the fail that cometh' within thee

Gizmatical Fuquad
January 25th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Dylan, you got me. Despite the BS banter here, I still consider most involved here as friends. The only time I get butt-hurt is when I eat too many hot peppers.