PDA

View Full Version : Said goodbye to my four legged best friend today.

Battlecock
November 28th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Today the wife, kids , and I gave our last hugs, and head scratches to our beloved Dutchess. Dutchess was our 12 year old AKC German Shepherd, who has been fighting a loosing battle with cancer. We decided to have euthanasia performed at home for her comfort, and maybe for ours as well. I truly underestimated the the sense of loss, and the void created by her passing. I now share a picture of our sweet Dutchess, who brought an infinite amount of happiness to my family. RIP girl.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/28/3b9a1b073c1b8fb1c15a9b53db40ed92.jpg

seal13il
November 28th, 2014, 02:34 PM
RIP! best family members ever....sorry for your loss...

Gizmatical Fuquad
November 28th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Sorry for your loss. Losing a valued friend like that can be as bad a losing a child.

She'll be there waiting for you when your time comes.

Rubiconthomas
November 28th, 2014, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry that you had to do that. Losing a dog is incredibly hard on all. My best wishes towards your family in your loss.

flighht2k5
November 28th, 2014, 04:24 PM
I'm really sorry. Doing that to my buddy was truly the saddest thing I have ever done in my life.

pooz
November 28th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Sorry to hear that, she is a happy girl now!

rlmjr58
November 28th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Very sorry for your loss. About 20 years ago I lost a dog that was my ever present shadow, I liked that dog very much. If you told me that my heart would break over the loss at that time I would have said no way. Well my heart still aches for him. It can be like loosing a child. I have other dogs and had some (including the son of Angus, Abraham, who made it 18 years) who I also loved and miss. The difference is that since his loss I know how it's going to feel and am much more thankful for them everyday I get to have them in my life. Again sorry for your families loss of a beloved member.

rundovr
November 29th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Sorry for your loss, rely on your happy memories to carry you through not only this bad time but any future discomforts you may have. Someday your sadness will be replaced with those happier moments.

McNasty
November 29th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Sorry for your loss. My wife and I always say our yellow lab Jake is our first son. I dread the day when I have to explain to my son why his best friend is gone, while being so sad myself. Dogs quickley turn from pets into a part of the family.

I know I still miss my childhood dog Blue. It's nice that you said goodbye at home. I hope the grieving turns to find memories as soon as possible.

Desertdog77
November 29th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Had to do the same to my best friend(four legged)for 18 years; two and a half years ago for the same reason. Fuck cancer.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86/desertdog7788/daynahat.jpg

Durtywrench
November 29th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss! Your buddy was lucky to have someone like you there

timberghost
November 29th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Sorry for your loss. I felt the pain a year ago on this past Nov. 4th. Hurts bad.

tahoe1028
November 29th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Bump for Dutchess. I'm seeing the signs of my second son having problems. 11 almost 12 black lab. Not sure how I'll feel when it's his time to go.