PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service. Doesn't exist.

Whitewash
July 3rd, 2015, 09:57 PM
You have a wrench and want to help work on my ride? No Thanks. Simple service turned shitty with "youngsters". Not to be taken wrong or toss a company under the buss, they unhappily stood by their word. No offense but you get paid to do a job you should do it, fucked up shit by not listening to the owner? Crap. Sent off with a vehicle that was un safe because you can't fix it? What? No wonder I haven't been back to the place since I bought my tires (1200+/2012), never to return but may own them soon. Hahaha

BUILTnotBOUGHT
July 3rd, 2015, 10:17 PM
You have a wrench and want to help work on my ride? No Thanks. Simple service turned shitty with "youngsters". Not to be taken wrong or toss a company under the buss, they unhappily stood by their word. No offense but you get paid to do a job you should do it, fucked up shit by not listening to the owner? Crap. Sent off with a vehicle that was un safe because you can't fix it? What? No wonder I haven't been back to the place I bought my tires (1200+/2012), never to return but may own them soon. Hahaha
are you drunk? Wtf are you talking about?

MARKUNIT10
July 3rd, 2015, 10:54 PM
rabble rabble rabble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdSH0l9NMek

Whitewash
July 4th, 2015, 07:08 AM

Nope not drunk. Had a simple job to be done and ended up driving home to repair what they couldn't myself. Explained that I was going to charge them and they said "ok just bring us the bill", brought in the bill and the manager refused to pay. After some upset/frustrated conversation he paid up, but I'm sure since my free service turned into me being paid for it I won't be a "valued customer" anytime soon.

My problem and their's is safety. Don't let a vehicle leave that could be unsafe, wheels fall off all the time. The customer is always right. You broke it you fix it. Special instructions from the owner should be followed, but if you can't follow them then don't begin the work.

It was a long hot day waiting and watching the employees destroy shit by not doing their tasks correctly.

maxamillion2345
July 4th, 2015, 07:27 AM
I think in this instance "are you drunk" and "wtf are you talking about" means he doesn't know what you're talking about.

I can appreciate an angry rant but Uhh I don't quite follow.

grumpyoldretiredcop
July 4th, 2015, 09:36 AM
More specificity to your rant might let us know who NOT to bring our rigs to!

L.D.
July 4th, 2015, 10:27 AM
and why

Whitewash
July 4th, 2015, 11:27 AM
I didn't want to name names so I kept it vauge to be nice. And they DID honor their word albeit not happily.
Since I'm still working to repair and replace shit and only charged them for an hour of labor (yes 150.00 an hour) I'm done.
So I noticed that I had a nail in my tire yesterday and figured since I had a busy weekend planned I should get it fixed. Went down to have it done and figured might as well throw a balance on all four since it had been awhile. An hour to an hour half wait, still on schedule. All went bad once the wheels came off, stomped out one center cap(guess this employee was having a bad day), 4x4 block to beat another one out(new kid I guess), wheels being balanced tire being repaired(progress). I explained that the rear studs are more like bolts and they will need to watch the threads so they don't back out the bolts/studs into the brakes,(impact gunned the lug nuts on) I guess they didn't care. I've been there about three hours at this point when I get the news "We fucked up a front stud and can't get the tire off to fix it", we walked over and he showed the issue, and sure enough impact gun cross thread. Problem is that the stud was knocked out (no longer pressed in) and the lugnut was stuck to the loose stud. I explained what they had to do to get the stud out, and checked the rearend to be sure nothing was wrong. Guy explains they would/could not fix it and I can take to be fixed and bring them the bill. So I asked my options on repairing it my self( I saw their work, where would they send me?), "no problem just write out a hand written receipt", this caught me off guard, so the mechanic and I discussed the loose/hanging lug nut and I explained that I was going to charge them 150hr labor. Dude pops off "no problem just bring us a bill, if it takes longer then an hour that's fine , we want happy customers and that's what we do". What choice did I have if they weren't going to fix it, I drove it home knowing that the wheels could fall off. Simple fix took an hour and a half due to the lug nuts being destroyed, no big deal I was getting paid well for my time. Wrote out my receipt when I was done explaining the work that had been done,(basic work order) and only charged them for one hour labor and parts even though with travel and labor I was into it about three hours. So my simple tire repair balance turned into parts replacement after the fact, lug nuts all the way around, three studs in the front (on one wheel), four studs/bolts in the rear(two per wheel stripped on removal).

Frustraiting and shit but they kept their word, I could have easily flopped the Heep and owned the place. That's the story

BUILTnotBOUGHT
July 4th, 2015, 11:46 AM
So they made it right and your still bitching?

Whitewash
July 4th, 2015, 12:49 PM
So they made it right and your still bitching?

Just made the shit they couldn't hide right, not the shit I didn't notice. Just no pleasing you Kolt. I even took the time to explain most of it just for you.
Right? I broke even on parts with 1.17 extra, you try to find parts on a holiday weekend. Couldn't catch the group I was going with in time to go camping because someone broke my shit and refused to fix it, so I wrenched instead. I know kolt, what's the big deal right? They made it right. For a Moonrocks wheeler no big deal short drive a little late but made it. I was early enough that the wait was doable for what needed to be done, but no time to replace the hidden shit or find parts in time.

arashi
July 4th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I think in this instance "are you drunk" and "wtf are you talking about" means he doesn't know what you're talking about.

I can appreciate an angry rant but Uhh I don't quite follow.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-U_Y3EuDq8Nw/VZhq9m2YlCI/AAAAAAAAGGs/LJrG3q13iRw/s500/grammer%252520graffiti.gif

MARKUNIT10
July 4th, 2015, 08:04 PM
pictures????

chevydan3
July 5th, 2015, 01:45 PM
I've learned that anytime you have to give a tire shop special instructions, they will always mess them up. They are used to working on commuters and not custom cars. Impact the lugs off, fix tire, balance, etc, impact lugs back on. That's all they know how to do. Anymore I just take the bare tires and rims off the car myself and transport them to the tire shop. That way my lugs never see mr impact, and they are always torqued correctly. And all my special issues stay tended to correctly.

Whitewash
July 6th, 2015, 05:54 AM
I've learned that anytime you have to give a tire shop special instructions, they will always mess them up. They are used to working on commuters and not custom cars. Impact the lugs off, fix tire, balance, etc, impact lugs back on. That's all they know how to do. Anymore I just take the bare tires and rims off the car myself and transport them to the tire shop. That way my lugs never see mr impact, and they are always torqued correctly. And all my special issues stay tended to correctly.

I usually take take the tires in my trailer and leave my jeep at home, but figured how bad could they mess up a simple tire repair and rotation? Now I know. Also noticed that only three tires were balanced.