PDA

View Full Version : Frackers

Shawn Trooper
June 17th, 2016, 10:31 PM
http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2014/08/28/state-regulators-allow-fracking-start-nevada/14763041/

Thedirtman
June 18th, 2016, 05:58 AM
Why is fracking controversial and things like solar and wind are not? They have been proven to not deliver what is promised and at a much higher cost and create few jobs. Both solar and wind harm wildlife and destroy the scenic beauty where they are installed. Right now tens of thousands of acres of productive farm land in the midwest is being destroyed to promote huge wind farms. They typically only produce 20-30% of what they are rated for and if it were not for the massive subsidies they get and their wall street connection( not to mention the politicians that are getting paid off with tax payer money) nobody in their right mind would even consider building these things.

MrBfy
June 18th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Pumping chemicals and cracking the plates , isn't ok. It's BAD BAD BAD.
Solar, just collects entertained from the sun.
Much different/two separate things altogether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nevadastars
June 18th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Pumping chemicals and cracking the plates , isn't ok. It's BAD BAD BAD.
Solar, just collects entertained from the sun.
Much different/two separate things altogether

Then let private industry develop green energy, not billions and billions of taxpayer dollars that get flushed away with very little return.

MrBfy
June 18th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Fucking the planet up, poisoning the water and environment by fracking is wrong

maxamillion2345
June 18th, 2016, 03:26 PM
"Bla bla bla I don't understand fracking."

"shit is poison and fucking shit up and shit. Peace."

"CHEMICALS AND CRACKED PLATES!!! BAD BAD BAD"

Uh huh

DaGimp
June 18th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Fracking hasnt been proven to do anything bad. PROVEN..

But in many cases they are pumping toxic waste left over from other types of oil collection methods, that I disagree with. I dont oppose to fracking, but I appose to dumping of toxic waste into soil and calling it fracking.

tahoe1028
June 18th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Why post a two year old story? Unless it was to prove we haven't died yet.

DaGimp
June 18th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Why post a two year old story? Unless it was to prove we haven't died yet.

Does truth ever become to old to be relevant?

maxamillion2345
June 18th, 2016, 07:03 PM
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff370/4x4renotaco/3D0F94F0-F788-407B-9696-0E2A5938DF40_zpsvwairnfy.jpg (http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/4x4renotaco/media/3D0F94F0-F788-407B-9696-0E2A5938DF40_zpsvwairnfy.jpg.html)

personally the idea of pumping salt water and bentonite mud into the ground doesnt concern me in the least. Hydraulic fracking of rock combined with horizontal drilling allows a lot
less surface disturbance. Not that cracking da plates or whatever is a concern anyway.

DaGimp
June 18th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Toxic waste being use to pump "fracking" in the US is less common. Worldwide a slightly different story.

Like I said there is no factual proof fracting does anything wrong. You having a job with them, that doesnt count much for me. I deal in facts, not opinions or jobs.

I'm also against GMO food.. Not because of any unfounded claims against GMO food but I can tell you without a doubt that GMO food was created with a resistance to current pesticides which allows them to use them at much stronger levels. While GMO food has no proven effects, the long term effects of heavily used pesticides has not been proven. AKA GMO's are not the problem, pesticides are my concern.

BUILTnotBOUGHT
June 18th, 2016, 08:20 PM
I support fracking, facts show that the "pollution" Is almost non existent. The amount of high paying jobs and access to domestic oil make the slight risks almost negligible

maxamillion2345
June 18th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Toxic waste being use to pump "fracking" in the US is less common. Worldwide a slightly different story.

Like I said there is no factual proof fracting does anything wrong. You having a job with them, that doesnt count much for me. I deal in facts, not opinions or jobs.

I'm also against GMO food.. Not because of any unfounded claims against GMO food but I can tell you without a doubt that GMO food was created with a resistance to current pesticides which allows them to use them at much stronger levels. While GMO food has no proven effects, the long term effects of heavily used pesticides has not been proven. AKA GMO's are not the problem, pesticides are my concern.

Your ability to make enemies of everyone astounds me.

Glyphosate* resistant. And what part of glyphosate scares you? How it interacts with enzymes we don't have?

You know the real concern with gmo glyphosate resitant crops? That those genes find there way into non gmo plants, plants we need to control. Hmmm

facts