PDA

View Full Version : stolen Hi-Lift jack

EricsXJ
May 29th, 2017, 09:37 AM
To whoever took the hi-lift jack off of a white XJ parked at the fork in the trail between Lagomarsino Canyon and Bronco Canyon:

Maybe you just "borrowed" the jack for some recovery or trail repair, and if so feel free to contact me to return it (PM is fine).

But since you didn't leave a note I'll assume you stole it, in which case you are a POS.

deadandcompany
May 29th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Could it have fallen off??

EricsXJ
May 29th, 2017, 01:53 PM
No it was bolted to the roof rack and he was in the middle of a group so the person behind him would have seen it.

chevydan3
May 29th, 2017, 08:32 PM
There's a post just popped up in the group "Nevada backroads" on FB about somebody finding a lost jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cmarjeep
May 29th, 2017, 09:10 PM
I just PM'd you the person's info that has your jack. Sounds like it did fall off.

BTW I got the info from someone on NV Backroads on FB who was in another group with the person that found it.

EricsXJ
May 29th, 2017, 09:52 PM
That's great! I'll contact that person tomorrow.

If in fact it did fall off, I'll need to teach our group to be more aware... he was literally the 3rd one in line of about 12 jeeps....

navycranes
May 30th, 2017, 10:59 AM
It wasn't stolen and it didn't fall off either. I sent you a PM

RARECJ8
May 30th, 2017, 11:09 AM

need more details here... not stolen, not borrowed and didn't fall off...???

also on FB someone found a full duffel bag in the same general area...

DaGimp
May 30th, 2017, 11:30 AM

Do tell

navycranes
May 30th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Do tell

I don't know all the details. All I know is a Land Rover blew its Tranny and he had the jack in the back of his SUV. He was trying to find the person they borrowed it from but when they looked they couldn't find him. We had to drag it back to Virginia City.

RARECJ8
May 30th, 2017, 11:51 AM
video shows a 4 door white chevy dragging a silver rover thru a pothole on the trail.

DaGimp
May 30th, 2017, 12:24 PM
I don't know all the details. All I know is a Land Rover blew its Tranny and he had the jack in the back of his SUV. He was trying to find the person they borrowed it from but when they looked they couldn't find him. We had to drag it back to Virginia City.

"borrow".. hum.. well at least he's getting it back.

EricsXJ
May 30th, 2017, 12:34 PM
I have been in contact with the person who has the jack and forwarded his contact info to the jack's owner.

This issue has been successfully resolved (as far as I'm concerned).