PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Spanish Springs that can give me a hand this week with installing WJ lift?

aphex
June 26th, 2017, 09:00 AM
I inherited a WJ last year and was originally going to sell it but since I moved to Spanish Springs I've been putting miles on my truck fast and have decided to start driving the WJ.

Last week I traded my ugly ass stock 'Avila' WJ wheels (ironically off my '04 that I sold many years ago) for a set of stock JK wheels with 255/75R17 on them. I'm pretty sure the only reason I can drive with these wheels and tires on it is because the tires have maybe 20% tread left since I get rubbing on hard corners and in reverse.

I'm not looking to turn this into a crazy 4x4 machine, I'd just like to have the bigger tires on there and a little more clearance for now. I was wondering if anyone near me has spring compressors and a few hours to spare to help me. I have a jack, jack stands, tools, etc to help me install the budget boost (just spring spacers). I'll most likely reduce the tire size down to 31s when I replace them.

Or if someone wants to make a few buck and do it, I'm willing to pay as well.

Thanks!

maxamillion2345
June 26th, 2017, 07:50 PM
I'd expect its possible to droop the axle far enough to unseat the springs and slip in your spacer. The pissy little all thread type compressors are sketchy. You may need to losen clamps for lines and wires. I could be wrong though.

rlmjr58
June 26th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Disconnect the track bar too.

ZJchukar
June 29th, 2017, 12:20 PM
I'd expect its possible to droop the axle far enough to unseat the springs and slip in your spacer. The pissy little all thread type compressors are sketchy. You may need to losen clamps for lines and wires. I could be wrong though.

Maybe. When I lifted my ZJ, I needed the compressor to get the springs out, by a few inches or so.

aphex-
If you've got a compressor and a 3/4" impact socket, you can pull those puppies out in no time. I despise turning those damn spring compressors by hand. Of course, the last time I took my springs out, I didn't use the impact... :ne_nau:

ZJchukar
June 29th, 2017, 06:14 PM
One more thing, I'm not doing shit on the 4th. If you don't have it finished then, come on over and we'll knock it out.