PDA

View Full Version : What the heck?t

Air Sierra
April 30th, 2007, 12:55 PM
So why do the mod's delete threads at will? There is nothing in these threads that hurt anybody. They do not have any nudity nor cursing but they are not the type of thread that the mod wants....is that there choice? Its nothing but FRIENDS poking fun. but they delete it. It up to the viewer not to view it they do not care for it . So why delete it?

Not to step on toes but maybe its time to change mods or maybe its time for me to move on?

This is just plane stupid lets us post what we what just as long as it meets the area and content of section that the thread would be posted in.

kairo
April 30th, 2007, 12:57 PM
SV requested that thread to be deleted last I saw

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 01:00 PM
So it was because SV requested it?? Thats a load of sh!t!! Funny that Harry left the thread SV started about me!! TOTAL :bs:

POOR BOY
April 30th, 2007, 01:00 PM
x2 its like the post on SV you guys ere just pokin fun at each other, i know its kind of a family friendly site and im also not tryping to step on toes but i agree that its going alittle to far.

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I think that SOME of the mods were just picked on too much as kids :eek:

kairo
April 30th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Perhaps chit-chat isnt the place to poke fun at eachother? Use this forum:
Reno4x4.com (http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)

Air Sierra
April 30th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I just see why we can keep threads if you dont like it then don't read it nor post in it .......so whats the big deal is this like big brother watching us?

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 01:08 PM
This is the self image SOME mods have
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2h1xiroQXw&mode=related&search=

kairo
April 30th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I just see why we can keep threads if you dont like it then don't read it nor post in it .......so whats the big deal is this like big brother watching us?

Nobody's "watching you" making sure you don't put in any errant ****s or ****s. Just making sure that the content stays relevant to PG and maybe PG-13.

Reno4x4 is and was designed as a family oriented site. Homo-bashing doesn't really fit in with that :sick:

Air Sierra
April 30th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Perhaps chit-chat isnt the place to poke fun at eachother? Use this forum:
http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78

then change the name and only let members view it like the harcore area before but work safe so the is no problems.

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Is it safe to post this here??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEUOLe_FuYk&mode=related&search=

kairo
April 30th, 2007, 01:13 PM
then change the name and only let members view it like the harcore area before but work safe so the is no problems.

We tried that once, and it got carried away to the point where a whole 'nother website spawned from it (rockgods).

Fun is fun, I'm not arguing with that, but we do have people who log on and don't appreciate some of the "off color" comments and remarks made towards eachother. Obviously we know you guys are kidding because you're all friends, but there's a time and a place, and we just request that it be kept relatively mild here at reno4x4. That's all :wave:

POOR BOY
April 30th, 2007, 01:16 PM

Probably not

thats some funny stuff:D

Air Sierra
April 30th, 2007, 01:16 PM

OMG.....no .......... don't say the l.O.C.K word or D.E.L.E.T.E word in thread our were done!

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I bet I could search for about 5 minutes and find at least 20-30 threads on here where people are calling each other f.a.g.s. and p.i.l.l.o.w. b.i.t.e.r.s. and what not............Hell Kairo, you even called me a f.a.g. once. I didn't cry about it. I know you didn't d.e.l.e.t.e. the thread in question earlier and I'm not picking on you..........just an example.

kairo
April 30th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I guess it's tough to find the line between casual reminders and nazi rulership. See what I'm saying?

Air Sierra
April 30th, 2007, 01:28 PM
and a sombody called me gay in a last thread that was deleted and i did not complain plus it was a mod

kairo
April 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
you closet homosexuals can call each other fairies all day long, just don't start threads about it, then turn it into 20 pages of name calling, gender questioning, and XJ bashing :gapteeth: :nono: :D

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
SV requested that thread to be deleted last I saw
Thats because SV IS A F.A.G. :rainbow:

kairo
April 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Harry didn't delete that thread by the way, so don't pin that on him.

All of the mods here (there's 4 currently) were chosen for a specific reason.

Harry offers alot of valuable knowledge and expertise in the 4x4 world that many of us can only dream of obtaining. It is only fair then, that he be given a little bit of respect given his position as a moderator and the value he adds to this site.

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 01:34 PM
and XJ's suck.................unless grocery shopping of course :D

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Harry didn't delete that thread by the way, so don't pin that on him
Who did? Keith told me on the phone that he asked Harry to delete it :scratch:

Air Sierra
April 30th, 2007, 01:38 PM
you better remove or ban yoursmile faces and rainbow flags then becuase whats the difference between the saying F.A.G or G.A.Y and a rainbow sign

kairo
April 30th, 2007, 01:40 PM
you better remove or ban yoursmile faces and rainbow flags then becuase whats the difference between the saying F.A.G or G.A.Y and a rainbow sign

Like I said earlier, a little rainbow smiley here and there doesn't hurt anything at all! Just keep it "nice" and don't drag it on for eternity.

You guy's seem to think we're all out to get you :spike:

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Harry didn't delete that thread by the way, so don't pin that on him.

All of the mods here (there's 4 currently) were chosen for a specific reason.

Harry offers alot of valuable knowledge and expertise in the 4x4 world that many of us can only dream of obtaining. It is only fair then, that he be given a little bit of respect given his position as a moderator and the value he adds to this site.
I know plenty of people with plenty of knowledge that you would never have any respect for. Whatever...........the fact that this thread was deleted and not others just shows "ism's" well at work. How can I respect that? Maybe it would be a good idea to rotate people out of being mods after a while and get some fresh people in.

Air Sierra
April 30th, 2007, 01:58 PM

i bet he is in the top 3 for knowing info in the 4wheel world on this site

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
i bet he is in the top 3 for knowing info in the 4wheel world on this site
I wouldn't go that far, I agree he knows a lot about 4x4 crap.........so what? Does that mean he should be able to hold you to his PERSONAL standards of conduct? If you're posting within the rules everything should be fine........no nudity and no swearing.

Dirty Harry
April 30th, 2007, 08:24 PM
The funny thing about this is that I did not delete the thread and I never heard anything from Keith. If you guys don't like the job that the mods do, or me in particular, than go find another place to call each other gay. I am sure that it will really be missed here. :rolleyes: Come on guys, if you can't figure out what is appropriate and what is not then I guess the mods will have to do it for you.

I come here because I like the people around here. I like how active they are on the trails, and to learn about new places to wheel, and share tech, and even BS a little bit. I give Keith a hard time, I bet him money that he could not get his Jeep running or make the last waterfall on Bud. There was some trash talking, but in the end he took my money on both bets. But starting a thread in Chit-Chat about how SV is gay?! Not only is it not appropriate, but it isn't even that funny! You can come up with something better than that about Keith. ;)

rok-jeep
April 30th, 2007, 09:38 PM
and XJ's suck.................unless grocery shopping of course :D

Hey I'm offended, I drive an XJ.

Rob can be so mean:D

Air Sierra
April 30th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Hey I'm offended, I drive an XJ.

Rob can be so mean:D

yup Rob told me they are..:rainbow:...........................:D

Sierra Valley
April 30th, 2007, 10:22 PM
You guys need some tissues?:thumbsup:

Air Sierra
April 30th, 2007, 10:27 PM

who??

Sierra Valley
April 30th, 2007, 10:30 PM
who??

you and Rob:bs:

arcthedog
April 30th, 2007, 10:32 PM
You're the little beyotch who cried and asked that the thread get deleted. You can give it but you can't take it. :mama:

BIG BLUE
April 30th, 2007, 11:55 PM
In all fairness to Reno4x4 mods that was the whole reason therockgods was created. It used to be the hardcore section here and then Dennis decided that it was getting to be too much so he created a separate website called renohardcore and Rockape and I got together bought and renamed it TheRockGods. The whole reason was Dennis wanted to keep his site family orientated and clean. Things that fly on the rockgods will be deleted in a few minutes here. So before you go crying that the mods delete you here :idea: go to the rockgods you can call everyone gay there except me.......keep Reno4x4 clean and fun. :D

RARECJ8
May 1st, 2007, 03:31 AM
. The whole reason was Dennis wanted to keep his site family orientated and clean. . So before you go crying that the mods delete you here :idea: go to the rockgods you can call everyone gay there except me.......keep Reno4x4 clean and fun. :D

well stated-- there is a time and place for every interest, attitude and orientation. keep it clean here and take the trash--talk to TRGs. The 'moderators' by definition are just doing their job.

mb