PDA

View Full Version : AB483 Mandatory Mileage Reporting of vehicles.

WILLD420
September 19th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Another one that they got through.

Sign the petition to fight it.

https://www.change.org/p/nevada-state-senate-stop-the-mileage-tax-bill-483-25b14478-d3ac-47e6-b82c-0339a54a0245?fbclid=IwAR3ijtR-ODGdFinHxp5-1n1A56bvlTFlMI6Kq1bkNV59zapVupDtKFtpGI8&recruited_by_id=b2951040-6bcd-11e6-a06d-a3f48a01715a&utm_medium=custom_url&utm_source=share_petition

GloNDark
September 23rd, 2019, 07:48 AM
DONE!

Dusty4runner
September 23rd, 2019, 12:39 PM
Signed.

McNasty
September 23rd, 2019, 01:02 PM
I signed it, but damn that website sucks ass.

69cj5
September 23rd, 2019, 01:46 PM
FWIW, (and at extreme risk of being flamed) although this could definitely be construed as a privacy thing. In the end this is an attempt to even the tax burden. For instance if you drive an electric car, currently you pay no gas tax despite using the same roadway. If you drive a jeep that gets 10MPG vs a prius that gets 40 MPG, the jeep currently pays more and the prius pays less for every mile driven on the very same roadway.

Yes there are tons of back and forth on this and yes it is controversial, but I for one will not be signing the petition.

Thedirtman
September 24th, 2019, 04:26 AM
My miles are already being recorded as it is entered when you smog in Washoe. A mileage tax is the fairest tax out there if they eliminate some of the others like the fuel tax that puts more burdens on vehicles like trucks and off road vehicles. It is just for study now but you all know what it will lead too.

If they are looking for road tax money they should put a tax on the god damn road bicycles that eat up millions of road tax dollars for those bike paths. There should at least be a yearly registration for bikes that run on the main public roads.

ZJchukar
September 24th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Signed.

Sick of the spam emails already.

DirtyChemist
September 25th, 2019, 09:13 AM
It isn't a mileage tax...yet. I kind of know some people involved in this somehow and I had told a friend years ago all the State would have to do is record your mileage when you smog your car or register it and they'd have a mileage tax.

I'm fully expecting NDMV to come up with an "average number of miles driven", say 10,000-12,000, that pay one registration fee and another for those who drive from North Valleys/Sparks to Carson City, so the State gets more money for roads. It's currently going to be a 6 year study and by then they'll have enough data to see how much you drive in an average year. It won't be overturned and a VMT (vehicle mileage tax) has ALWAYS been a big issue for the guys at NDOT. FINALLY someone is saying "this is how it is, if you have a problem contact the governor, and we'll change it how he thinks." because I ALWAYS told my friends it has nothing to do with being fair to those who drive miles out of state. It's easier to say "Under 10,000 miles you pay the normal fee. Over 10,000 miles you pay extra, and you have to provide original receipts for fuel purchase, hotel stays, and odometer readings in order to have those miles removed from your fee." Most people wouldn't go to the trouble of doing all that, and then making an appointment to save $20.

DJRENO
September 25th, 2019, 11:53 AM
FWIW, (and at extreme risk of being flamed) although this could definitely be construed as a privacy thing. In the end this is an attempt to even the tax burden. For instance if you drive an electric car, currently you pay no gas tax despite using the same roadway. If you drive a jeep that gets 10MPG vs a prius that gets 40 MPG, the jeep currently pays more and the prius pays less for every mile driven on the very same roadway.

Yes there are tons of back and forth on this and yes it is controversial, but I for one will not be signing the petition.

When are you going to get your chip implanted?

willys dave
September 25th, 2019, 07:29 PM
I wonder how those of us who drive company vehicles will be taxed on our personal vehicles. Obviously I don't want to pay a flat fee based on 12 grand a year if I only drive 8 grand. BTW, Dirtman, you don't really think they will back off the gas taxes because of this, do you ? Other than that, I agree with everything you said. Especially the bike paths that almost no one uses. Unfortunately it reminds me of California.

someotherjim
September 28th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Signed

tahoe1028
September 30th, 2019, 05:43 AM
My miles are already being recorded as it is entered when you smog in Washoe. A mileage tax is the fairest tax out there if they eliminate some of the others like the fuel tax that puts more burdens on vehicles like trucks and off road vehicles. It is just for study now but you all know what it will lead too.

If they are looking for road tax money they should put a tax on the god damn road bicycles that eat up millions of road tax dollars for those bike paths. There should at least be a yearly registration for bikes that run on the main public roads.

I agree about the bikes, and hybrid/EV'S and lessening the burden on off road vehicles. I signed it though based on my thoughts they won't use the money wisely ( like the requirement that 4% something like that of all road projects budget is dedicated to the installation of art or beautification) I love the aborted starfish on 580/McCarran. That was a great use of road tax $.

69cj5
September 30th, 2019, 06:13 AM
When are you going to get your chip implanted?

When are you going to grow up and actually do some homework on something so you can have an informed opinion, rather than just being a dumbass!

DJRENO
October 2nd, 2019, 07:17 PM
When are you going to grow up and actually do some homework on something so you can have an informed opinion, rather than just being a dumbass!

Gosh, what a snappy comeback. I find it interesting that those with limited mental capability always tend to respond with name calling and profanity.

I do have an "informed" opinion: I find objectionable any government program that seeks to obtain and catalog data regarding my private activity, including, but not limited to, the number of miles I drive each of my vehicles each year.

I know there are some multi-syllabic words in my response that may prove to be a challenge for you to understand. If so, let me know and I will try to break it down to single syllables for you.

69cj5
October 7th, 2019, 08:31 AM
Gosh, what a snappy comeback.

Thanks for your input, and helping this conversation along...