Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survival Myths... Debunked

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    David
    that is probably the funniest survival **** ive heard.. to RUN blindly through the night hahahaha

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Mike
    It's a simple equation... if it walks, crawls, swims, or flies, the odds are in your favor that it's not only safe to eat, but that it will provide you with the nutrition and energy your body needs. If it sits there like... umm... like a plant, the odds are against you both for your own physical safety, and for nutritional content. It's just not worth the gamble unless you're absolutely sure!

I love it!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    dave
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinStick View Post
    Getting back to the myths and this being chukar season...

Does anyone carry rattle snake bite kits? I have a couple with little suction cups and blades. I am not so sure a person could suck all the venom out of a bite before the effects were felt.
    with rattle snake bites i am not totally sure of the number but it his a very percentage of people who get bit were actually handling the snakes i think that percentage was like 90 or maybe even 95 percent,,,,, so don,t play with the snakes and keep a eye out you will probably not get bit

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    mike
    Quote Originally Posted by fj4play View Post
    with rattle snake bites i am not totally sure of the number but it his a very percentage of people who get bit were actually handling the snakes i think that percentage was like 90 or maybe even 95 percent,,,,, so don,t play with the snakes and keep a eye out you will probably not get bit
    i know of only one unprovoked "attack" by a rattler.
    on a dove hunt a couple years ago my cousin stepped of a rock in front of me and a little rattler struck him with no warning.it got his fang stuck in the bottom cuff of his pants and couldn't let go.my cousin was jumping and running around like a crazy person dragging the poor little guy around like a loose shoe lace. we were laughing so hard we couldn't help either one of them.i'm not sure who was more scared. the snake or my cousin.
    i'm sure he struck out of surprise and fear. a mistake that cost him his life.
    "IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT"

KF7CSM

look at my horse ,my horse is amazing.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    dave
    Quote Originally Posted by floor ya View Post
    i know of only one unprovoked "attack" by a rattler.
    on a dove hunt a couple years ago my cousin stepped of a rock in front of me and a little rattler struck him with no warning.it got his fang stuck in the bottom cuff of his pants and couldn't let go.my cousin was jumping and running around like a crazy person dragging the poor little guy around like a loose shoe lace. we were laughing so hard we couldn't help either one of them.i'm not sure who was more scared. the snake or my cousin.
    i'm sure he struck out of surprise and fear. a mistake that cost him his life.
    lmao tears going down my face right know , thats funny

I support Reno4x4!
    most snake bites i've seen or read about involve alcohol and horse play-- like the guy in blackfoot, ID that was bit during a game of catch with a rattler. yes, beer involved. Many are bit as they believe the snake is dead and reach down to pick it up or cut off the tail buttons. To be sure, sever the head before you do any of that and bury or put the head in a fire pit. When i was in high school, some idiot was bit on the hand trying to get a baby rattle to drink from a can of beer.... fail!
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Dan
    I hear that drinking alcohol will keep you warm in cold weather.
    75 FJ40 w/stuff; 98 UZJ100 kinda stock; 1984 FJ60
    Why do people say "Grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! -Betty White

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    A friend of mine a decade ago was showing is kids the "proper" way to handle a snake..................Ya he left lahanton on care flight. No Booze just plain bad judgement. I have run into alot of snakes while in the field and just steer clear of them all together, Something isnt right with a critter that can move that fast and have NO legs.