Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Who are you?

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Jerry
    Not much stock left in it anymore. Had to convert it to gas to drive out here. Has been a dedicated alcohol car for the past 3 years. built 347, twin 80mm BB turbos, max boost 26#

and the list gos on and on....LOL

This is from a magazine shoot we did in Houston

Name:  72983_3660518322044_264828555_n.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  103.7 KB

Heres a shot Christy took. Shes an awesome photographer

Name:  575695_10151689535623357_2017553201_n.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  218.2 KB
    00 F350 CCSB 4x4
    2.5 Level kit
    35" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Real Name
    kyle
    My name is Kyle, im from Tahoe and live in Reno. I ride dirt bikes and wheel a little. Just looking to find new spots ans talk around.

Real Name
    Jesse
    Hi, My name is Jesse.
    I have a 2003 Avalanche
    We like to camp and recreation trail ride.
    I am not sure how to share pictures but as soon as I do I will get some up!
    Thanks for the forums, I love just trolling around and checking out all the interesting posts.

Real Name
    brian
    my name is brian i drive a 78 suburban sittin on 3/4 ton axels.
    lookin for some cool trails around town to explore

Real Name
    Allan

Wake up and Drive!

My name is Allan Main. I drive a red chevy Tahoe because it's dependable, makes a good work truck for our business, gets me and my wife Kelly to places we love to go with our 3 chocolate labs, and it looks cool. It's also loaded with company logos for our CCW classes we teach at Scheels, conservative bumper stickers, and lot's of guns on our logos. I don't get a lot of road rage from people. I get dirty looks form liberals, aithiests, America haters, people who can't tell the difference from a criminal and a law abiding citizen, and people I pass because they drive like they are afraid of their own vehicles. Wake up and drive! You can find us driving around in Dog Valley or on Peavine Mt. I don't do anything extreme, but I've been known to take station wagons in places that softies people area afraid to take a jeep. I know me trucks limmitations, and I want to keep it running. If it breaks down before a class we loose money. I love to 4x4, but I love to hike more. Kelly and I are passionate about national parks. So far we've been to Yosemite, Zion, Bryce Canyon, and Haleakala. Yellowstone and Grand Canyon will be next. I don't say that we are the best CCW instructors in town. You'll have to ask around. Kelly is the main instructor and has been doing this for 20 years. She has a gift for teaching, she is after all a public school teacher. Our clients love our class and always tell us that they learned a lot. Even the most experienced shooters. My wife and I are also Gideons. We place Bibles in motels and pass out scriptures at schools, universities, to hospitals and military personel. It's something we believe in because if you don't get the one thigh right that you don't want to miss you may as well... I can't even finish that one. I'm a carpenter by tade. I don't do it any more, too busy with classes. Speaking of too busy, I gota go now. Time to change oil.
    Last edited by Reno Computer Repair; March 14th, 2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Vendor account needed for that

Real Name
    Bill
    Hi I'm Bill, I am new to 4wheeling in a big rig. Done plenty on quads but got a real introduction yesterday in my 94 4Runner. I'm hooked and looking for more adventure. Wife is Nancy and she is also hooked. Our 4Runner is lifted, has gears, locker, bumpers, winch, 33" tires, rock sliders and skid plates and yesterday we needed them all. Had a great time.

Real Name
    Max
    Hey Guys,
    My name is Max. I moved here from the NoVa-DC area With my girlfriend(Blaise) and dog(Aesop) right around xmas time. I'm into anything outdoors - Wheeling, MX(hare scrambles), mountain biking, Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Camping as much as possible(like every weekend) Plinking, Just got into trap(thx Dieder) and anything else adventurous! Gove, VA - "The Cove" was where I was typically wheeling, just outside of Winchester, probably some of the best the East has to offer! I Work for a Tshirt company that relocated out here and that it how I met Dieder, another RENO4X4 member. We both went on one of the RENO4X4 snow runs in January, Man waht a great time that was! We typically go wheeling around the Reno areas like Peavine and Hunter Lake but are planning multiple Rubicon trips this year and can't wait for the first adventure on the 'Con, hope to meet and see many of you guys out there! I wield a 2005 Deep Beryl Green Rubicon Unlimited with 4-1/4" lift so you may see my waving, even if we haven't met!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Hey Guys,
    My name is Max. I moved here from the NoVa-DC area With my girlfriend(Blaise) and dog(Aesop) right around xmas time. I'm into anything outdoors - Wheeling, MX(hare scrambles), mountain biking, Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Camping as much as possible(like every weekend) Plinking, Just got into trap(thx Dieder) and anything else adventurous! Gove, VA - "The Cove" was where I was typically wheeling, just outside of Winchester, probably some of the best the East has to offer! I Work for a Tshirt company that relocated out here and that it how I met Dieder, another RENO4X4 member. We both went on one of the RENO4X4 snow runs in January, Man waht a great time that was! We typically go wheeling around the Reno areas like Peavine and Hunter Lake but are planning multiple Rubicon trips this year and can't wait for the first adventure on the 'Con, hope to meet and see many of you guys out there! I wield a 2005 Deep Beryl Green Rubicon Unlimited with 4-1/4" lift so you may see my waving, even if we haven't met!
    Welcome to Reno. dog named after Aesop Rock I assume? Atmosphere, The Grouch and Eligh playing in Tahoe in July18.
    1980 CJ7 401 and stuff
    1983 CJ7 Renegade

TroubleShooter
    Real Name
    Denis
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    I Work for a Tshirt company that relocated out here
    Custom Ink?
    Reno4x4Garage.com - custom fabrication and CNC plasma services - 771-2734

Killing time murders opportunities.

Real Name
    Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    Welcome to Reno. dog named after Aesop Rock I assume? Atmosphere, The Grouch and Eligh playing in Tahoe in July18.
    Thanks! That's a show ill hafta check out! Haven't seen Atmosphere in years.

Real Name
    Max
    Quote Originally Posted by TroubleShooter View Post
    Custom Ink?
    Yea. Customink.com based out of McLean VA.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    J
    Hello! I've lurked for awhile, but never registered. Finally took the plunge and registered! I've got an old 88 Samurai these days and love it. Looking forward to meeting some cool people here!

Real Name
    Larry
    I am Larry Calkins, President of the Nevada 4 Wheel Drive Association, past president of Cal4Wheel, member of the Komstock Krawlerz 4WDC and the South County Trail-Riders 4X4 Clubs. I have owned Jeeps for almost 56 years, my first being a '46 CJ2A. My "Fools Gold" jeep is well known on the trails in NV and CA. My wife Patti and I have lived in NV since 1990 and in Dayton for the past 13 years. I owned and sold Capitol Automotive in Carson City. I currently work a few days a week at O'Reilly Auto Parts in Dayton to earn a little gas money.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    I am Larry Calkins, President of the Nevada 4 Wheel Drive Association, past president of Cal4Wheel, member of the Komstock Krawlerz 4WDC and the South County Trail-Riders 4X4 Clubs. I have owned Jeeps for almost 56 years, my first being a '46 CJ2A. My "Fools Gold" jeep is well known on the trails in NV and CA. My wife Patti and I have lived in NV since 1990 and in Dayton for the past 13 years. I owned and sold Capitol Automotive in Carson City. I currently work a few days a week at O'Reilly Auto Parts in Dayton to earn a little gas money.
    Welcome!

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    Welcome to Reno4x4!
    I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert. - Demetri Martin

Real Name
    Raymond
    Hi I'm Raymond. kinda new to the jeep scene. Back in town on a rather long term basis. Like forever Haha I'm a ham (yes both armature Radio and online DJ) 3 jeeps #1 is spouses 93 grand cherokee #2 is my 91 XJ and a 95 Grand cherokee that im parting out

I support Blue Ribbon Coalition!
    Real Name
    PIT
    Welcome to the site Raymond, all kinds of diversity here for sure, poke around on the site, have fun !
    Wa Pa Pow!

76 CJ =8"+ lift ... 38.5 Boggers/Atlas/14 bolt+D44 Locked w/ARBs , 8000lb winch
    95 ZJ = 5"+ short arm lift... 33" Duratracs/ D44+D30 Locked, 12000lb winch
    2012 Kenetrek - Mountain Hunting Boots, size 13,(Back Up) Low Miles, lol

KF7VCG

heh,heh,heh,heh.............

Ignore the machine
    Real Name
    Brenden
    Figured all the new folks, maybe I'd bring this back from the dead...

My name is Brenden.. I'm a software engineer, at least that's my title. I'm also the guy that sets up and manages all the servers for our developers, and the I'm a very good problem solver.. hardware/software doesn't matter. I also deal with network/computer security as well as keeping on top of emerging threats.

My wife Poxodd is a full time artist. (mind the link, might induce seizures.. and some of her art is maybe NSFW)

Moved here a couple of years ago from Ohio, brought my job with me (working from home). We spent about 3 years trying to figure out where to move to, in the beginning we just knew that we had to get out of Ohio!. Most of our family live in California but we don't like the political climate there and after much discussion, visiting, etc.. figured Reno was the ticket.. and so far haven't regretted it.

Since moving to Reno, rock-hounding has been our main hobby. This is why the jeep, got tired of going places and having to skip roads that I wasn't comfortable taking our 2wd pickup down. There are also a lot of sites that pretty much require 4wd.

I spent a couple of decades doing historical re-enactment in Southern California, and being young and poor (in the beginning) had to make everything. Armor, swords/weapons, clothing, spinning, weaving, knitting.. the entire range pretty much from sheep to scarf. I have a few very tasty recipes for mead as well.. been meaning to gear up for that again. I've also got a portable forge setup (complete with fairly large double bellows) and used to be pretty popular at events, however I think it was mostly kids liked to watch the double bellow operate... however with my recent back issues a 125# anvil isn't all that portable ;-).

We also work with a few musicians that we like doing video/animation for fun... (another potentialt siezure inducing link). Wife just switched to some fancy animation software so the next video (out soon, waiting for the album release) is much much better (also, I had much less to do with it.. not being an artist type and all )

We have an ongoing commitment Sunday afternoons, so unless that gets cancelled we're not able to make the Sunday runs... and we're sticking mostly stock so that limits things somewhat (I'm just about done armoring up though).

Neither of us really have many pictures of ourselves, here's our new Jeep though:

That concludes my terribly inadequate 'who are you post'.

oh yeah, no kids.. one dog.. 12yr old pug named Weezie.
    Last edited by braindead0; June 3rd, 2014 at 12:18 PM.

Real Name
    Cindy

New to the Group!

Hi! I am Cindy from Minden, NV I own an '05 Jeep Rubicon, Unlimited. I am very accustomed to sand as I am transplanted from Palm Springs, CA. In another life, off roaded at Ocotillo Wells , in So CA, in my single seater. Love getting dirty!
    Hope to some time get out and play.
    Cindy

Ignore the machine
    Real Name
    Brenden
    Quote Originally Posted by onebite View Post
    Hi! I am Cindy from Minden, NV I own an '05 Jeep Rubicon, Unlimited. I am very accustomed to sand as I am transplanted from Palm Springs, CA. In another life, off roaded at Ocotillo Wells , in So CA, in my single seater. Love getting dirty!
    Hope to some time get out and play.
    Cindy
    Welcome.. It's usual for new folks to start a new thread in this Introduction forum.... otherwise the natives get restless..!
    Support a local Reno Artist: poxodd.com

Real Name
    Karl
    [IMG]Klaude.jpeg[/IMG]
    I am Karl, above is Klaude

Real Name
    Timothy

My name is Tim, I have lived all over the US and somehow ended in the desert...
    I have two Jeeps, a 1990 XJ Lifted on 33"s (just bought) and a 2006 Grand Cherokee (stock).
    The other rides are a 2012 WRK hatchback and a 1984 280zx.

We have been taking the Grand Cherokee out in the hills west of Fernley for the last couple months. We decided to get a dedicated trail rig instead of beating up the good one.
    So this is where our adventure begins.

The picture on the right is from the previous owner. We have not had the chance to take it out yet.

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Andrew
    I'm Andrew. I live in Reno.

I drive a 1973 Wagoneer. It gets me around the hills and back roads. Like to do a lot of camping, shooting, hiking, the kind of stuff that seems to be everywhere out here!

Here's a pic of me, my soon to be wife, and the truck

Web Wheeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

I drive a 1973 Wagoneer. It gets me around the hills and back roads. Like to do a lot of camping, shooting, hiking, the kind of stuff that seems to be everywhere out here!

What size tires?

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Nice rig
    THE ORIGINAL HIGH DESERT CRAWLERS-NEVADA CREW
    https://www.facebook.com/HighDesertCrawlers