Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronco Mog

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tim

Bronco Mog

Got some pretty cool Christmas presents this year! Unimog 404's to go under the Bronco. Its also getting front and rear 4 links with King coilovers and full hydro. For now it will have the 41" tires on unimog wheels until I can acquire some double bead locks and 42's. Just got the axles slid under yesterday so ill post of pics as I move forward with the build. There's a lot left to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Vendor
    Real Name
    Eric
    thats gonna be freakin cool!!!! cant wait to see the progress
    www.DrSmash.com
    Custom 4x4's,Hot Rods 2 wheels and 4.
    6369 Hwy 50 east #3 Carson City ,NV 884-4947 (4x4s)

Web Wheeler
    I couldn't find the smiley for it, but I am drooling for sure.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tim
    Nice, I wish I could afford the disc brake conversion, thats an extra 2k so ill have to roll with the drums for a while.
    "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tim
    Update: Haven't had a whole lot of time in the last month but I got to do some work on it over the weekend. Decided to tube and narrow the front clip for better tire clearance. Mog axles are stripped and the steering arms are flipped. Next thing is to build the cross member for the links to mount to and move the front cross member forward about 1' so the Pinion will clear it. Right now it looks like the wheelbase will be between 110 and 113. Its gonna be big!

Ted Nugent

TroubleShooter
    Real Name
    Denis
    Looks nice Tim!
    Reno4x4Garage.com - custom fabrication and CNC plasma services - 771-2734

Killing time murders opportunities.

Web Wheeler
    Gonna be sweet.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Caton
    ya finally its going to get finished horray
    D.E.P KRAWLING www.myspace.com/renoextreme
    www.customsplice.com the only place to get winch line

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tim

Slow Progress

This what Ive gotten done so far. Not much but its getting there. Front Cross member is built, front links are built uppers are 1.75"x.250 wall DOM with 7/8" heims. Lowers are 2.375" 7075 aluminum with 1.25" heims. Front axle is set in place and I tacked on some of the brackets to mock up the links. Im waiting for another set of heim joints now so I can actually bolt on the front links. I designed all the brackets and sent them to Chris at ORI. He cut them out on the plasma table in no time. Saves a ton of grinding time. I also plated the frame with 1/4" steel where the uppers will attach and plated the back side of the door sills where the tubing for the front clip will attach. Here are some pics of the links. They are freakin huge!!

Ted Nugent

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tim
    Front is sitting on coilovers! Still have a bunch of gussets and plate to add this week along with the cross bar. Next thing is to figure out how to mount the track bar. Got the H1's back from the blaster and they will be going to get re centered this week. With any luck ill be setting up the rear 4 link in the next couple weeks. Then collect enough $$$ for the 47" LTB's.

Name:  DSC02925.jpg
Views: 1432
Size:  160.9 KBName:  DSC02924.jpg
Views: 1677
Size:  114.3 KBName:  DSC02922.jpg
Views: 1464
Size:  128.1 KBName:  DSC02923.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  158.8 KBName:  DSC02920.jpg
Views: 1624
Size:  146.1 KBName:  DSC02921.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  122.3 KB

Ted Nugent

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Kanin
    Very nice !!! can't wait to see it finished !

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Off Road Innovations of McCarran , NV
    Looking Good Tim!!
    Off Road Innovations of Reno/Sparks
    Your Complete Off Road/Fabrication Store
    625 Spice Islands Dr. Suite B
    Sparks NV, 89431
    775-322-0820
    Email: Contact Web: ORI Website Myspace: Myspace FB: Facebook

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    mike
    very nice! what is the wms to wms on those axles?
    "IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT"

KF7CSM

look at my horse ,my horse is amazing.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tim
    69"

Ted Nugent

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Kris
    Saw this thing in person a couple weeks ago...it's gonna be BADASS!!!! I can't wait to see it finished!

REMODELS, ADDITIONS, DECKS, PATIO COVERS, ETC

http://www.ahometoenvy.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...y/195710582079

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed."-Eleanor Roosevelt

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Keith
    Thats gonna look great with mogs under the rig!!!

Wheeler
    Here's how I mounted mine (trackbar/panhard bar). Started out like this.

That failed right away, so I beefed it up a bit. No problems at all now.

Looks like your upper link mount will get in the way....Mine is 3 linked which works fine.
    Mogs are a pain in the ass but go over everything so its worrh the work...somtimes..... Looks good.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tim
    ya Ive spent a lot of time looking at your build thread. You did a great job!! Ill probably have to put the trackbar behind the axle. Might start that this weekend.

Ted Nugent

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    mike
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaltenbach View Post
    69"
    thanks for the info.
    "IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT"

KF7CSM

look at my horse ,my horse is amazing.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    looking good dude!!

speaking from personal experience with mogs: overbuild your suspension links, tabs and joints BIG TIME. i severely underestimated the beef factor needed to keep my mog axles attached to my jeep the first time i built it. there is a LOT of torsional force on those mounts and joints. i double welded, and gusseted the crap out of all of my bracketry. i used large superflex joints on each link, as the small SF joints were literally stretching and ovaling out.

weld everything in excess, and use the biggest joint (heim or otherwise) you can possibly fit. there is no drawback to overbuilding, but significant headaches when its underbuilt. suspension is NOT easy or fun to put back together when it grenades on the trail.
    There are 2 rules in life:
    1.Never tell everything you know.

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tim
    Thanks for the heads up. Ive probably got a full day of gusseting to do. Ive been going over all my welds 3 times and plating everything I can. What did you do for a track bar in front?

Ted Nugent

Wheeler
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaJeep View Post
    looking good dude!!

speaking from personal experience with mogs: overbuild your suspension links, tabs and joints BIG TIME. i severely underestimated the beef factor needed to keep my mog axles attached to my jeep the first time i built it. there is a LOT of torsional force on those mounts and joints. i double welded, and gusseted the crap out of all of my bracketry. i used large superflex joints on each link, as the small SF joints were literally stretching and ovaling out.

weld everything in excess, and use the biggest joint (heim or otherwise) you can possibly fit. there is no drawback to overbuilding, but significant headaches when its underbuilt. suspension is NOT easy or fun to put back together when it grenades on the trail.
    I was very concerned about this too, But havent had any problems at all (just jinxed it) I didnt make mine (link mounts) overly huge just used 3/16th and good welds also integrated all the orginal mounting locations on the axle. I got good surface area to weld too, more than half the axle tube and I really think link separation is the key. For joints I used all RE stuff and they have held up fine.
    This could all change after this week. Heading out tomarrow for almost 4 days of hard wheeling.

Real Name
    Jon
    Looks in need of a update. It seams to be the hot idea "Put Mog Axles Under a Early Bronco", I also have a set of 404 axles to go under a early bronco. I am going much slower than you though, I should be starting the 8-lug and disk brake conversion in the next week. I would like to check your out sometime, if possible email me at [email protected]

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tim
    Not much has been done in the last month. Waiting on tires, picking up the 44" tsl's this weekend. Should be able to finish the rear 4 link and roll cage in the next couple of weeks. Then I just need full hydro, drive shafts and finish the front clip.

Ted Nugent

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaltenbach View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Ive probably got a full day of gusseting to do. Ive been going over all my welds 3 times and plating everything I can. What did you do for a track bar in front?
    i dont run a track bar. i did a triangulated 4 link instead to keep the axle centered, plus i had to move the axle forward by almost a foot. no self respecting track bar can handle that front axle being so far forward! doing the true 4 link really made the suspension take it to the next level. im glad i did it.

There are 2 rules in life:
    1.Never tell everything you know.

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.