Thread: Anyone have an AR or AK pistol?

Wheeler

Anyone have an AR or AK pistol?

I'm sure this is quite the weird proposition but jan 8th I'm taking the lady to get her ccw, and its close enough that I'm able to do the refresher course for mine. That being said I'm adding a bunch of guns we have to my ccw and after talking to the instructor I'm told I can add an AR or AK pistol to my ccw as long as its barrel is under 12".

So my question to any of you is, if you have one, or both, can I "rent" it from you on that day? I have no issue giving something equally valuable i.e. my daniel defense ar or something of that nature to hold onto/copy my ID/whatever you feel is fair. I'd mostly like to have them on there as a conversational piece for family living in kalifornia haha.. Thanks to anyone!

Vendor
    Real Name
    sharon(male)
    there is no prob putting an AK or AR "pistols" on a CCW, we do it all the time & I have both on mine it is funny when I show my card to clients...
    ** Quality Firearms for competitive prices, with the best customer service by ret. Law Enforcement & Combat military Veterans (U.S & IDF)**

MaccabeeArms.com

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    how do you carry said ar and ak pistol?
    "Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein

Vendor
    Real Name
    sharon(male)
    well, concealed can be anywhere not visual on ones body, by dry law, if my pistol is hanging from a sling under my long coat it is...........a concealed firearm
    ** Quality Firearms for competitive prices, with the best customer service by ret. Law Enforcement & Combat military Veterans (U.S & IDF)**

MaccabeeArms.com

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Austin
    haha jeez the weez i could only imagine someone carrying a sling with a ak 'pistol' under there trench coat

Wheeler
    Quote Originally Posted by seal13il View Post
    there is no prob putting an AK or AR "pistols" on a CCW, we do it all the time & I have both on mine it is funny when I show my card to clients...
    exactly! same reasoning I want them on mine. not that there is a chance I'd ever carry either, especially since I don't own them haha. but some of my california family is absolutely hilarious to talk guns with... and I figure an "assault pistol" on my card would be enough to drive a good argument

Vendor
    Real Name
    sharon(male)
    As we do a lot of advanced tactical & executive protection trainings the role of a slinged or concealed hi cap SBR is very important .......

MaccabeeArms.com

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Jed
    I have my PLR-16 on my CCW. (similar to an AR pistol)

Web Wheeler
    What is with the 12" or less?

I have a 11.5 pistol and it is all but worthless
    A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Mike
    Well according to the Sheriffs office they can't seem to understand the laws of CCW and they will only "allow" for concealed weapons to be put on a CCW permit. By their definition that is "all firearms having a barrel less that 12" in length" are concealable. If it is OVER that 12" then there's no way it could be concealed. Yeah I plan to use that one as a defense

NRS 202.253 Definitions 3. “Firearm capable of being concealed upon the person” applies to and includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.
    This law starts to define the terms used in the rest of the laws on weapons it is not a statement of law but a statement that when we say "firearms" in the following laws it means THIS. HOWEVER it is in a seperate catagory than concealed weapons law anfd definitions for a permit are again discussed in the following NRS

NRS 202.3653 Definitions. As used in NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires:

1. “Concealed firearm” means a loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver or other firearm which is carried upon a person in such a manner as not to be discernible by ordinary observation.

2. “Department” means the Department of Public Safety.

3. “Permit” means a permit to carry a concealed firearm issued pursuant to the provisions of NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive.

4. “Revolver” means a firearm that has a revolving cylinder with several chambers, which, by pulling the trigger or setting the hammer, are aligned with the barrel, placing the bullet in a position to be fired. The term includes, without limitation, a single or double derringer.

5. “Semiautomatic firearm” means a firearm which:

(a) Uses the energy of the explosive in a fixed cartridge to extract a fixed cartridge and chamber a fresh cartridge with each single pull of the trigger; and

(b) Requires the release of the trigger and another pull of the trigger for each successive shot.

(Added to NRS by 1995, 2721; A 1997, 1175; 1999, 850; 2001, 2579; 2005, 596; 2007, 3151)

Now we get to concealed weapons where there is NO distinction or mention of weapon length or regard to type of allowed weapons on the permit other than that mentioned here. For permit purpose it is either a Revolver or Semi. The old Deringers were not treated as a revolver until a few years back, which required them to be shot for 25 rounds and listed, when the classification of Revolver was accepted for all instead of Make Model and Caliber they lumped the Derringer in with them. Semi used to be Semi but is now Make Model Caliber specific.
    So we take the very first line of this NRS
    1. “Concealed firearm” means a loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver or other firearm which is carried upon a person in such a manner as not to be discernible by ordinary observation.
    Now APPLY the preceeding definition to it as it was explained from WCSO CCW Dept.

NRS 202.253 Definitions 3. “Firearm capable of being concealed upon the person” applies to and includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.

You kind of come up with the idea that in order to be concealable for a permit the barrel would have to be under 12" in length. Of course when asked if I carried a legal 26" overall shogun having a barrel of 18.5" in length under a trench coat could I be charged with carrying a concealed weapon the answer was " Of course" Then how does the restriction of not allowing a rifle which meets the definition of a firearm, unless we have been filing out 4473s and asking the DPS for permission to buy something that isn't a firearm by definition, come about? Once again we refer to the WCSO " Of course it is a firearm" So why and where does the authority to restrict the defined firearm from being placed on a permit come from? The claim of it not meeting definition of pistol or revolver goes out becasue of the "other firearm" being stated.

NRS 202.3657 Application for permit; eligibility; denial or revocation of permit.

1. Any person who is a resident of this State may apply to the sheriff of the county in which he or she resides for a permit on a form prescribed by regulation of the Department. Any person who is not a resident of this State may apply to the sheriff of any county in this State for a permit on a form prescribed by regulation of the Department. Application forms for permits must be furnished by the sheriff of each county upon request.

2. Except as otherwise provided in this section, the sheriff shall issue a permit for revolvers, one or more specific semiautomatic firearms, or for revolvers and one or more specific semiautomatic firearms, as applicable, to any person who is qualified to possess the firearm or firearms to which the application pertains under state and federal law, who submits an application in accordance with the provisions of this section and who:

You may now read to see if there is a section that backs up the WCSO claim of "Would you feel safe around someone carrying an AK concealed" is enough to deny or refuse to list it.
    Why be trail rated when you can be Mil Spec. Hummer H1 "Like Nothing Else"

Web Wheeler
    Well I guess I should put my Encore in 500S&W on my permit. I think it is a 10 or 12" barrel
    A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Mike
    ONLY if they feel safe with you having it on your permit and then maybe you should ask them if it qualifies as a deringer and therefore revolver qual covers it.
    Why be trail rated when you can be Mil Spec. Hummer H1 "Like Nothing Else"

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tony
    I put my AK pistol on my permit more for conversation than practicality. I do see a need for an SBR for tactical purposes rather than something like an AK pistol which can be a handfull.