Thread: Take the Washoe County Shooting Range Survey

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John

Take the Washoe County Shooting Range Survey

Washoe County is totally re-working the Master Plan for the County Range, and is encouraging the input of range users here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/regionalshootingfacility

I attended the Master Plan meeting last Thursday night in Reno, and I was impressed with some of the ideas. The #1 concern among survey takers was the range's days and hours of operation. Also discussed and proposed :

• LEOs will no longer train at that range, it appears. They may be going to Fernley for their quals. (I don't quite get this)
    • Military/Guard units will continue to use range for their regular qualifications
    • The PPC range will be demolished and re-formed for other purposes
    • Main range to be extended in both directions
    • Parking lot to be paved
    • Drink and food machines installed in central location
    • Shaded rest areas installed in several places - maybe one for each sub-range
    • Overnight camping to be allowed for weekend events (Cowboy shooters, and others.)
    • Small bore rifle range removed altogether - not enough interest now to warrant its existence
    • IPSC bays to be re-located and rebuilt (with even more bays) on the West side, next to the 500 meter silhouette range
    • Trap/Skeet area added in southeast or southwest corner of facility
    • Possible archery range
    • 1,000 yard range left intact and set up with large berms so as not to conflict with other ranges.
    • Many more berms installed so as to allow simultaneous use of ALL ranges
    • Volunteer workers may be accepted to help with range operations
    • Hooters girls to be hired to sell cold beer and chicken wings to range users in rest areas

(OK, I made up the part about the Hooter girls -they'll only be selling lemonade and chicken wings. )

All in all, it was a positive meeting. I am very hopeful that this new, new Master Plan will help transform the Range into a far better facility that more people can use.

Don't think for a minute that this will be done overnight- it make take a few years.
    So at what point between digging the ditch you’re told to dig, and being shot into it, are you going to fight back?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Luke
    The plans sound great I hope they put a little money into the archery range the current one sucks. As for LEO training, we have our own range across from the jail it might be swat has a place out there to do more training like with old trailers and motorhomes on block. that way they can train in a real type enviroment oh well let them have their fun while we are asked to volunteers our time to help build this one I say hello chain gang
    GOD BLESS TEXAS

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Thanks for the link!
    I want to keep my freedoms,my guns and my money! If you voted for Obummer....you keep the change!

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Pat
    Took the survey.
    Thanks
    "The American Republic will endure until politicians realize they can BRIBE the people with there own money."