Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rubicon build I call It "Tag"

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Sam
    All the build photos died and that really annoys me so I added ALL my jeep picts to a google photos album the link is below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GXPT6e2zC76owQ8z5

Okay its been four years now. Some jeep update is necessary I believe. After some long a serious research and deliberation I finally decided. the jeep would not be receiving tire larger than 35's. I can wheel the Rubicon, Fordyce and a bunch of the other trails with that equipment. With that in mind I had gears on the brain. I decided to go with revolution gear 4.88 gears and chromoly axles. It was a great decision and something I should have done many years ago, but the money just wasn't there, heck it took fours years to save up for it.

I did that this year, but last summer I upgraded my warn rear bumper to a Metal cloak rear bumper with the high lift mount and I installed a carrier for the Powertank. I am also the proud owner of two soft tops for my rig. Circumstances last fall required me to replace the frame for my old soft top, and because Im a dumba$$ i had to buy the new topper too. The story is I bought the twill top for the jeep winter/fall of 2017. I replaced my old crusty top with the twill almost too late in the fall getting on into winter. the new top was awesome! seriously the will was great. BUT the rear window was made an inch too narrow. by simple luck I managed to get it all buttoned up and zippered. in the spring of 2018 I took it of as you do for topless summer wheeling. I went to put the thing back on in the fall of '18 and couldn't for the life of me get it zipped. the zipper metal had bent over the course of the winter before. It wasn't going to close. I contacted Bestop and they were totally great. they sent me a new main top, but it was 8 weeks out. It was the end of October. I didn't have that much time to wait for a top. snow was coming and I'd been under 4-12 feet in a few weeks. Some of you are hardly souls, but I work outside and prefer to be dry while going to a from other places, plus my dog rides and stays with me where ever I go. she couldn't stay i the jeep in a blizzard with no top. (Trust me on this she would rather be in the jeep or my truck than home) hence the reason I bought an entirely new top. It was a great decision. The frame on my old top was totally messed up in comparison. In the long term it was a good decision. The replacement top was a duplicate of the original material and shed snow so much better.

I also picked up a small square drop trailer this past summer. It may have been a mistake but I like it and that's all that really matters. its an Off Grid, Expedition 2.0 with the blue mtn wrap. Its an awesome piece of equipment. Dry it weights in at 1800lbs. So the jeep can tow it if I pack correctly, but since I mostly go to CA for camping I need the controller so I don't get a ticket.

other mods in the works -

- New stereo
    - wrap or bed liner the hood
    - install replacement driver seat
    - Dual battery setup
    - Trailer brake controller (Needs to be soon)

Current Wish List

- 15" or 17" Bead lock rims haven't decided on this yet it will likely be 17's
    "Hind sight is 20x20 thats why they don't make glasses to fit your butt."

My build thread: '06 Rubicon Build: Tag

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Scott
    I might have missed it but do you just have the dana 30/35 combo with rear chromo shafts and 4.88 gears? No locker or lift or anything? I don't see any of the other info here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevr View Post
    Wow, this thread is like a ping pong match with 8 players on an octagonal table. Pointless and dizzying...

TroubleShooter
    Real Name
    Denis
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyChemist View Post
    I might have missed it but do you just have the dana 30/35 combo with rear chromo shafts and 4.88 gears? No locker or lift or anything? I don't see any of the other info here.
    it's a Rubicon, so it has Dana 44s.
    Reno4x4Garage.com - custom fabrication and CNC plasma services - 771-2734

Killing time murders opportunities.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Scott
    Missed that in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevr View Post
    Wow, this thread is like a ping pong match with 8 players on an octagonal table. Pointless and dizzying...