Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MRANN 2012

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by renojeepster View Post
    I'm jealous. Pretty much all healed up except for this stupid wrist. I have about 50% mobility back, but it is still swollen, bruised and sore. Hopefully go for a mellow ride next weekend.
    so no race for you then?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Juston
    No way. I'm not even sure I'll be able to ride at all next weekend.
    Juston
    MRANN #519P

04 WJ, 4.7H.O., K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Super 40, 231 T-Case swap w/ 32spline S.Y.E., Vari-Lock Differentials, 5.5" Iron Rock Coils, Clayton's Long Arms, Bilsteins, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Tie Rod and Drag Link flip, 315/75R16 BFG KM2's, IRO rocksliders, Gas tank raised 6", 1600watts of Kickin Ass Alpine Stereo.
    Link:
    '04 WJ Build Thread

Links:
    '70 Jeepster Build Part 1
    '70 Jeepster Build Part 2

R.I.P. Jeepster. New one ton Jeepster project to come.....

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    That sucks you're out Juston.
    I did something to flare up my bum ankle last week and the whoops took their toll yesterday.
    Had fun though. Nice weather and not much dust. I got to lead, too, so the air filter can ride it out until next weekend.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    Rain in the forcast for Hawthorne/MVDS. Doing my raindance Gonna need it for the dust.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by ludafisk View Post
    Rain in the forcast for Hawthorne/MVDS. Doing my raindance Gonna need it for the dust.
    Looks like the conditions should be perfect! Some slight rain to keep the dust down and mid 60's on Sunday to keep the temps up! I can't wait!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Great race today. I had a blast. That sand was crazy! The first lap all I could think to myself was "what the hell have I gotten myself into." by the second lap everything had cleared up and I ended up getting in my 5th lap with only 4 minutes to spare. Finished around 1:45 according to my trail tech. I think I did pretty well. Can't wait to see pictures and results

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Also managed to hit my knee one of the times I went down (sand gets me every time). It's starting to swell up pretty good. Haha

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Juston
    Glad you survived it! I wish I would have made it but I didn't even ride this weekend, going to give the wrist another week. Hope the knee is OK. Get some ice on it!
    Juston
    MRANN #519P

04 WJ, 4.7H.O., K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Super 40, 231 T-Case swap w/ 32spline S.Y.E., Vari-Lock Differentials, 5.5" Iron Rock Coils, Clayton's Long Arms, Bilsteins, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Tie Rod and Drag Link flip, 315/75R16 BFG KM2's, IRO rocksliders, Gas tank raised 6", 1600watts of Kickin Ass Alpine Stereo.
    Link:
    '04 WJ Build Thread

Links:

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    Glad you had a good day Matt.
    Thought I had a pretty crappy ride myself;think I was dead last. Came to the chute with another rider and while he was getting scanned the clocked ticked to zero, so only 4 laps. Watched some of my video last night and don't feel too bad now. The dust was crazy again this year. Funny thing is once the dust cleared on the 2nd lap the multiple lines/ruts screwed with my head. There were some fast sections; I was motoring in 5th down the long wash. Never went down, so that's good.
    Oh well. Even the worst race days aren't that bad. Now considering VCGP

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoMatt View Post
    Also managed to hit my knee one of the times I went down (sand gets me every time). It's starting to swell up pretty good.
    Glad you survived it! I wish I would have made it but I didn't even ride this weekend, going to give the wrist another week.
    I did something to flare up my bum ankle last week and the whoops took their toll yesterday.
    Injury report.

Not lookin good guys. My ankle is still hurting, too.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kolt
    I hope you guys are all healed up by the Corey herring memorial! Flier should be done by may, don't forget about the Friday afternoon practice

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Glad you survived it! I wish I would have made it but I didn't even ride this weekend, going to give the wrist another week. Hope the knee is OK. Get some ice on it!
    ill live. hopefully be up and riding for VCGP practice next weekend!

Glad you had a good day Matt.
    Thought I had a pretty crappy ride myself;think I was dead last. Came to the chute with another rider and while he was getting scanned the clocked ticked to zero, so only 4 laps. Watched some of my video last night and don't feel too bad now. The dust was crazy again this year. Funny thing is once the dust cleared on the 2nd lap the multiple lines/ruts screwed with my head. There were some fast sections; I was motoring in 5th down the long wash. Never went down, so that's good.
    Oh well. Even the worst race days aren't that bad. Now considering VCGP
    that does really suck. that dirt was crazy though. are you going to upload the videos to youtube?

Injury report.

Not lookin good guys. My ankle is still hurting, too.
    thats funny ****!

Quote Originally Posted by motoxracer56 View Post
    I hope you guys are all healed up by the Corey herring memorial! Flier should be done by may, don't forget about the Friday afternoon practice
    my knee will definitely be better by then!

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    that does really suck. that dirt was crazy though. are you going to upload the videos to youtube?
    What good is owning a GoPro if you don't use it to make a fool of yourself, right?

That's always one of my favorites of the year.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    What good is owning a GoPro if you don't use it to make a fool of yourself, right?
    good man! im curious to see them!

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    So who is racing VC next weekend? My co-workers and I are starting on row 4! Im #36. Throwing my last tire that John gave me on the bike today after I wasted the old one in front of my house. My tailbone is acting up again but I'll ride in pain if I have to.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    So who is racing VC next weekend? My co-workers and I are starting on row 4! Im #36. Throwing my last tire that John gave me on the bike today after I wasted the old one in front of my house. My tailbone is acting up again but I'll ride in pain if I have to.
    I'm still on the fence. Not to keen on starting from the back and working through bottlenecks again, but we'll see. I might have to look you up for a pit.
    You lucked out with that row 4

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    Yeah, we should have quite a few people in our pit. I think 5 of us from work are racing this year and we will all have a big shared pit if we can snag a spot early enough to put up the EZ up. We hand delivered our entry forms to the VC post office local drop-off first thing in the morning that they were due. Completely worth it!

That sand last weekend wrecked havoc on my bike. Chain was dry, wheel bearings were nearly dry, air filter looked like i dipped it in a big bucket of mud, etc. Spent a few hours yesterday changing out tires and greasing everything back up. Still have the front 1/2 of the bike to do and change my oil.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    Anyone up for riding Sunday?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    possibly. finals are next week but looks like i might have all next week off. ill know by tomorrow night how much HW and studying i have left.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kolt
    I just finished the flier for the Corey herring memorial at honey lake and will be posting shortly. How many guys are interested in the Friday practice? Just seeing if we have much interest in it

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt
    I just finished the flier for the Corey herring memorial at honey lake and will be posting shortly. How many guys are interested in the Friday practice? Just seeing if we have much interest in it
    I wish i could, I will probably be working Friday and Saturday. Im 95% going to be there Sunday though.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Juston
    I wish i could, I will probably be working Friday and Saturday. Im 95% going to be there Sunday though.
    X2
    Juston
    MRANN #519P

Link:
    '04 WJ Build Thread

Links:

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    I might head up Friday since my kid will race Saturday. Will we get to do the whole course? Or just the moto sections?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Kolt
    I might head up Friday since my kid will race Saturday. Will we get to do the whole course? Or just the moto sections?
    Just moto, mrann rules say that we can't let you run the whole course. It will be a watered practice, only 15 dollar entry. I'll post the flier by tonight we were waiting for approval from Larry, the owner of honey lake.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    John
    Anyone doing that benefit poker run on Sunday in Dayton? I think I'm gonna go. I guess it's like 30 miles in what looks like the Pine Nuts.