Thread: Samco genright tank

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Warren

Samco genright tank

Samco did a very sanitary install and fabrication of a Genright auxilliary fuel tank in my JK. The result is two fuel tanks and 2 fuel pumps, with 37 gallons of fuel capacity.

Name:  genright aux tank.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  806.3 KB

The installation required cutting out the bed and fabrication a new floor.

Name:  genright tank 007.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  706.6 KB

The muffler and exhaust pipe had to be removed and a new system fabricated. The tank sits in the location of the OE muffler.

Name:  genright tank 001.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  1,021.4 KB

The tank came with a beefy skid cage.

It works great with instantaneous switching from the empty tank to the full one. The OE fuel gauge monitors both tanks with a flick of the switch.

Name:  genright tank switch 002.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  810.3 KB Name:  genright tank switch 001.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  1.14 MB

They also straightened the OE skid plate under the OE tank. It was battered and looked like spandex under the tank. A Rock Hard beefy skid plate was installed under the straightened OE skid plate

Name:  rockhard oe tank skid.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  859.2 KB

Overall a very clean install and fabrication.
    Last edited by jeep; August 31st, 2014 at 11:43 AM.

​KJ6TJT

2. The Following 5 Users Like jeep's Post:

CashMoney (September 2nd, 2014), Dirty Harry (August 31st, 2014), HuntNV365 (August 31st, 2014), Reno Computer Repair (September 1st, 2014), Toyota_James (September 1st, 2014)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Neil
    That is freakin NICE! That's an auxiliary and not a replacement for the original right? I've been wanting to put an Aux tank in my 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 6.0 crew cab SLE but the only thing I've been able to find is factory replacements. Kind of frustrating. Do you think they can help my out on a factory GMC?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Dan
    Looks like a great install Warren. The extra capacity will be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Madison
    “What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.”

KG7DLY

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    What did you do about the exhaust with the auxiliary tank living where the muffler used to be?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Warren
    Quote Originally Posted by nomidlname View Post
    That is freakin NICE! That's an auxiliary and not a replacement for the original right? I've been wanting to put an Aux tank in my 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 6.0 crew cab SLE but the only thing I've been able to find is factory replacements. Kind of frustrating. Do you think they can help my out on a factory GMC?
    I do. Sam installed an aux tank in his truck

​KJ6TJT

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Warren
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    What did you do about the exhaust with the auxiliary tank living where the muffler used to be?
    Sam fabricated a new system. The new muffler was installed midships on the driver's side. Genright suggested to dump the exhaust in front of the rear wheel. But you know how long that pipe would last. Sam threaded a new exhaust pipe along the driver side and exited out the back. It works great so far. It does not hang down any farther than the original exhaust.

​KJ6TJT

8. The Following 2 Users Like jeep's Post:

Dirty Harry (August 31st, 2014), Reno Computer Repair (September 1st, 2014)

Wheeler
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Sam fabricated a new system. The new muffler was installed midships on the driver's side. Genright suggested to dump the exhaust in front of the rear wheel. But you know how long that pipe would last. Sam threaded a new exhaust pipe along the driver side and exited out the back. It works great so far. It does not hang down any farther than the original exhaust.
    Samco is a great place run by great people!

10. The Following 2 Users Like HuntNV365's Post:

Dennis (August 31st, 2014), Reno Computer Repair (September 1st, 2014)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    kevin
    I have a 08 Rubicon and having enough gas , better navigation and communication has been the big 3 I need to work on .A few of my weekend trips im doing 400 miles or more .And Bruno's 435 price is killing me !!! I did get my self a laptop last month and a globalsat to go with it and got all of the Nv 71/2 topos loaded up and been using it out in the field .I still like my Benchmark but this gps things pretty cool ...Next I need my ham ticket ...Just wondered what your tank and install set you back ? I need to see if thats something I could also do .The cutting moving and welding I would have to get done by a shop too .Might be too technical to do in my garage ...

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Mark

Samco can build literally anything. Sam is a great guy and I would highly recommend him to do a custom install.

13. The Following User Likes 69cj5's Post:

Dennis (September 2nd, 2014)

I support Reno4x4!
    Check these guys out. Added a 33 gal tank to the CJ. Good luck.

http://www.aerotanks.com/vehicles/chevy.html
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

<a href=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/RARECJ8/rareCJ8.jpg target=_blank>http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12...J8/rareCJ8.jpg</a>
    www.hillsangels4x4.com. Plankowner
    Life Member Blue Ribbon Coalition
    Cal 4 Wheel
    ECV #3691

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Warren
    Quote Originally Posted by 76CJ7 View Post
    I have a 08 Rubicon and having enough gas , better navigation and communication has been the big 3 I need to work on .A few of my weekend trips im doing 400 miles or more .And Bruno's 435 price is killing me !!! I did get my self a laptop last month and a globalsat to go with it and got all of the Nv 71/2 topos loaded up and been using it out in the field .I still like my Benchmark but this gps things pretty cool ...Next I need my ham ticket ...Just wondered what your tank and install set you back ? I need to see if thats something I could also do .The cutting moving and welding I would have to get done by a shop too .Might be too technical to do in my garage ...
    i don't know exactly, I had other other work done at the same time. The second tank requires a separate fuel pump so the parts were about $2000.

​KJ6TJT

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Cary
    Is the new floor just pop riveted in?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by caryt View Post
    Is the new floor just pop riveted in?
    Those are not pop rivets. They look like stainless allen head screws.

Similar to Smash, my guess, Sam does not even own a pop rivet gun. More of a tig weld kind of guy.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Warren
    The new floor is riveted in place. There is also a small hatch that is screwed in. You can open the hatch and access the Crawler Auxiliary tank, the fuel pump and sensor.

​KJ6TJT