Thread: Dr. Smash

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Shawn

Dr. Smash

Before I start some background. I am a certified diesel technician & electronics technician. On top of that I have plenty of welding and fabrication experience under my belt, mostly on heavy duty trucks, construction equipment and ships and am a small business owner. At this point in time I am incapable of making my own rock sliders due to the fact that I am currently disabled & I do not have suitable area to perform such work. I contacted 4 fab shops in the Reno/Tahoe/Carson area and stopped by one in Sparks. This shop in Sparks estimate was outrageously high plus the way they where talking about building them did not seem to be correct. At this point I thought about doing the work myself.

Then I called Dr. Smash. After the first few minutes talking with Eric I notice he runs his business just like mine. Over the phone Eric gave me a price range of what it would cost for the work, that was far less than the pervious shops I had talked to. So I drove out to Carson for a real estimate. Eric and I both got under my vechicle to figure out the best way to install the sliders. With Eric not knowing my background he was explaining to me how he would make and mount the sliders. In my head I was thinking "THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I WOULD DO IT" Naturally I set a date and time to drop off my Trooper, and Eric was more than happy to accommodate my tight time schedule.

The fallowing week I gave him my Trooper. Eric told me that he has pre fab a lot of the parts and it would take 4 hours to complete, This is what we agreed upon the week before. So I left with the family and came back 4 hours later. he need about 10 minutes to finish up. (that is on time by my book)

This week I put Eric's work to the test and the slider performed flawlessly.... I am overly happy with Eric craftsmanship & attention to detail. On a personal note I like the man, he is a good guy. I would with out hesitation recommend anyone to Dr. Smash for fabrication work.

2. The Following 20 Users Like Shawn Trooper's Post:

69cj5 (October 20th, 2014), Bitosin (October 20th, 2014), CashMoney (October 20th, 2014), ChristopherP (October 20th, 2014), Dennis (October 20th, 2014), Dirty Harry (October 20th, 2014), Guy Incognito (October 19th, 2014), jsipe007 (October 19th, 2014), L.D. (October 21st, 2014), litlmeck (October 20th, 2014), Nevadabackroader (October 20th, 2014), PatFan74 (October 20th, 2014), Reno Computer Repair (October 20th, 2014), renojeepster (October 22nd, 2014), Rockindoc (October 20th, 2014), rundovr (October 20th, 2014), Sierra Valley (October 20th, 2014), SilverBob (October 20th, 2014), turbobrick (October 19th, 2014), wrenchjunkie (October 20th, 2014)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Nick
    All that and not even a pic of said work?

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Shawn
    It is late my good man. It can wait till tomorrow

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Shawn
    The seconded photo shows the scrapes from sliding on them this weekend while on the Kings Canyon Trail. I cleaned and painted the sliders earlier today.
    Last edited by Shawn Trooper; October 20th, 2014 at 06:13 PM.

6. The Following User Likes Shawn Trooper's Post:

CashMoney (October 20th, 2014)