Thread: someone looking for some side mechanic work

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Matt

someone looking for some side mechanic work

Hey guys I'm looking for someone who wants some side work or someone who knows someone who does, I need my ball joints and tie rod ends replaced. Possible steering box replacement! I have horrible death wobble maybe you've had the same symptoms and can find a quick fix, everything is pretty worn. Let me know either PM or text 7755441775 thanks Matt

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Bill
    I'm not a mechanic, but I can tell you there are about a hundred possible causes of "death wobble". From worn joints to just rotating the tires. Try to find the source of the wobble before you just throw parts at it. Obviously, badly worn joints would be a first suspect.

Just my $.02 for what it is worth.
    KF7QZO

Not a lot...just a bit-'o-sin

Organizing Sunday runs since March of 2011

Having a dirty mind makes ordinary conversations much more interesting

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Will
    Returning serviceable parts to new condition is always a good start. No shop is going to troubleshoot death wobble or driveability issues if your tires are old, your tie rod ends are worn or any of your bushings or ball joints are showing signs of being worn out. I don't have shop recommendations, but I can tell you to buy quality parts the first time, since you are paying someone else to do the work. Rockauto.com is one source. Google the different brands and go from there. Raybestos Pro-Grade is a pretty good line. Moog is pretty good. Auto zone and O'Reilley house brands are pretty low end stuff.
    Some people are as useful as a football bat.

4. The Following User Likes WILLD420's Post:

Dirty Harry (December 4th, 2014)

I support Reno4x4!
    Real Name
    Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDiceZJ View Post
    Hey guys I'm looking for someone who wants some side work or someone who knows someone who does, I need my ball joints and tie rod ends replaced. Possible steering box replacement! I have horrible death wobble maybe you've had the same symptoms and can find a quick fix, everything is pretty worn. Let me know either PM or text 7755441775 thanks Matt
    I assume that you are trying to save money Matt, and I can relate to that. My experience though when dealing with complex issues is that you can often spend more money shotgunning parts at your Jeep and smashing your fingers and bumming rides while your rig is down, when it may actually save you time and money to go to a reputable shop. I typically use Nate's Precision for things like this, but Martin's Automotive, 4Wheel Parts, or Adam's High Rollin' Customs could help you out as well.

Feel free to take my advice or leave it, but it sounds like you might need more than some quick side work.

6. The Following 2 Users Like Dirty Harry's Post:

CashMoney (December 4th, 2014), ChickenLittle (December 4th, 2014)