Thread: Antifreeze

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron

Antifreeze

Best place to dispose of? I tried the local auto stores, they dont take it.
    "Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Max
    Allegedly the WM transfer stations take it

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tom
    The oil recycle at Mustang (next to Q&D) will take small amounts for free but will charge for more thea a couple gallons. The Carson Land fill will take it.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Clint
    I just called the the State of Nevada Recycling Hotline and the nice woman on the phone said the transfer station in Reno will take it for $3 a gallon, but that there is a free dump day coming up on the 11th if you are a WM customer. The other option is H2O Environmental on Barron way. They charge by the gallon also. I think she said it was $3 a gallon there too.
    "Bird Law in this country is not governed by reason. You absolutely can't own a hummingbird, but you can however keep a gull as a pet. You don't wand to live with a seabird though, it'll blast your ear drums out."

Wheeler
    Real Name
    David
    To me it's crazy to charge for this. If they don't want folks to dump it in a garbage can or pour it down the storm drain it ought to be free to recycle. If it needs to have a fee associated with it the fee should be collected at the point of sale. The logic seems to be missing.

6. The Following 2 Users Like DJRENO's Post:

LEKCAH38 (May 2nd, 2019), willys dave (May 2nd, 2019)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    dave
    May eleventh is HHW Collection day. My flier says "Customers in good standing can drop off up to 50 LBS. of household Hazardous waste". 1455 E. Greg St. Sparks. On the back there are a set of phone numbers and names for Antifreeze specifically. One is Reno Drain Oil Service, 342 0351. The other is Waste Management at 326 2381.

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Aaron
    awesome thanks guys. I did a flush of my jeep 2-3 gallons pure anti freese, the other 10 are deluded from flushing it out.
    "Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein