Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back in the Day.. Circa 2012

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    justin
    Well this sure brings back some memories like seriously now I gotta dig up some old pictures

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brigitta
    Bill ended up moving, I saw him in Moab earlier this year at EJS (and last year too). He’s doing well, still loves wheeling, misses all his friends out here. I think he’d love to see someone pick up the torch and run with it, even if it’s just a monthly run.

3. The Following User Likes Brigitta's Post:

Haley (2 Weeks Ago)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigitta View Post
    Bill ended up moving, I saw him in Moab earlier this year at EJS (and last year too). He’s doing well, still loves wheeling, misses all his friends out here. I think he’d love to see someone pick up the torch and run with it, even if it’s just a monthly run.
    Does he have a map or a list of the runs he did? I’m not sure all the info (stock friendly, 35s or bigger with lockers, etc) are still up here. I remember his posts being really easy to understand for new wheelers such a small myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevr View Post
    Wow, this thread is like a ping pong match with 8 players on an octagonal table. Pointless and dizzying...

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Sean
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyChemist View Post
    Does he have a map or a list of the runs he did? I’m not sure all the info (stock friendly, 35s or bigger with lockers, etc) are still up here. I remember his posts being really easy to understand for new wheelers such a small myself.
    Honestly, there's quite a few of us that can help fill in the blanks for info, as many of us have been on most of the Sunday run trails ad nauseum.

IIRC, Bill tried to keep the Sunday trails newbie friendly, the good mix was when the trail was like Eldorado or Bronco, with bypasses. Then some of the more experienced folks would split off and do our own thing, then dip back into the group.

If someone is willing to dedicate their Sundays to scheduled group runs, then pick from a list of easy to moderate trails and schedule it out.

I won't ever be the cat herder, but I'll help with info where/when I can.

6. The Following User Likes Scary-Animal's Post:

Dennis (3 Weeks Ago)

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Scott
    I think it would be awesome. Even if it was a rotating “trail boss” until someone felt confident enough to take the reins. Maybe this spring I’ll start seeing if there is interest, but hopefully people aren’t scared by me announcing I’ve never been on the trail. Id like to get out and see what’s available in town and group runs always made me feel a little more comfortable than exploring alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevr View Post
    Wow, this thread is like a ping pong match with 8 players on an octagonal table. Pointless and dizzying...

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    justin
    I know just about every trail around here plus s bunch of ghost towns and stuff like pine grove. Iím down to show folks the way but I canít be the responsible adult to take on the lead I have enough trouble gettin two small boys to listen to me lol

But on a different note what you wanna do Saturday
    1) we can run eldorado canyon
    2) Mr Speed is doin run out to the hot springs along with camping( itís a cool trail but rather take Barney Riley into the springs and meet up them)
    3) the Dang Gang is doin a bash out at moon rocks all weekend

Iím game for any of them with moon rocks at the bottom of the list only cause I prefer not bein around a ton of drunk people lol

But all depends on if i get paid or not lol
    Last edited by NoTownXJ; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:09 PM.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Instead of every Sunday I recommend one Monthly scheduled and organized trail ride. Trail leader/Organizer can be on a rotational basis so no one is getting overwhelmed.

I have started a Northern NV Military Family 4X4 group thing for Military and retired Military and there families here in the Northern NV area. We are basically doing the above and have come to realize that we get more participation by sticking to shorter stocker/beginner friendly trails. Any Military or retired Military interested in joining us please let me know and I will add you to our distro list.

I miss Bill and family as well. They were always down to wheel and help out.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tori
    Bill misses all of you and doing the Sunday Runs. I will let him know that this post it out here. I am sure he would be happy to help pass on his ways of setting up the Sunday runs to whomever would want to start those up again. Back in 2012 his runs would usually average 20-30 rigs. What an awesome time that was!

11. The Following 2 Users Like bitosin's daughter's Post:

Haley (2 Weeks Ago), NoTownXJ (2 Weeks Ago)

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Joe
    I'm interested. Just not until spring as I have seasonal commitments until February.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Warren
    Steve's Loop? We've ran stock rigs through there with some good spotting. There was also a trail just north of the Indian Colony, it was stock friendly as well, yet challenging. You entered through Hungry Valley and headed towards Spanish Springs.

Billy Bob? I've never been and was going to check it out if nothing else panned out for a trail ride.

I'm also game for Eldorado Canyon but I need to trailer my Jeep. So start time would need to be 10am, no earlier.

Drive around Meadow Wood Mall? I could lock one hub and sort of be cool (not).