Thread: Feeler: sporterized Springfield 03a3

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Justin

Feeler: sporterized Springfield 03a3

Trying to gauge interest if anyone is interested in a nice sporterized 1903a3 made by Springfield.

Good little shooter/hunting rifle but not a collector. Iím looking to diversify calibers and want to add a 300 win mag to my safe.

This gun is in great condition, has a timmeny trigger, synthetic hogue stock (og wood stock too but has a slight crack) and red field scope.

Iíll add pics tonight but looking to get $450 obo. Iíve got some Ammo as well that will go with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Web Wheeler
    Real Name
    Brizz
    Pics would help. Unfortunately, there isn't much value in sporterized old bolt actions. Someone may want it as a hunting rifle, but keep in mind that Cabelas just had a sale where you could get a Savage with a cheap scope for $275 and a $75 rebate. $200 after rebate for a decent hunting rifle. At that price I almost wished I needed another one.

The Timney trigger, Redfield scope, and Hogue stock add some value, so you're not totally off on asking price. It's just that lots of guns are really cheap right now.
    Brizz
    FJ-40 on 39.5s, locked front and rear. Looking for 68-74 FJ-40 doors.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Tom
    I don't think Springfield made any 1903A3s, only Remington and Smith Corona.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Justin
    Tom, Sorry I should have specified. I was under the impression this was a Springfield Arsenal 1903a3 but the serial number is out of that range. Looks like it is in the 4 million range, putting it under Remington Mfr.

Brizz, totally agree. This rifle is an excellent shooter and I will include all my reloading materials as well (sorry, forgot that in the OP). I have accumulated a ton of brass and have dies for 30-06 as well. I saw that savage and considered picking it up as well, it had a little Nikon scope IIRC? Not a bad deal at all... Got my eyes set on the cerakoted Ruger American in 300 win mag though, really fits the bill and can be had for right around $450

Here is a link to the scope: its a nice little parallax free 4-12. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1712173434

The timmeny trigger is set at about 1.5lbs and the bolt is buttery smooth. Great rifle just too similar to my 308 ballistically. Id like to step up to the 300 win mag.

I am having a hard time uploading pics sorry, usually I upload through tapatalk but it is not working currently. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I'll see if I can send the pics that way.

Wheeler
    Real Name
    Justin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk